Cool New Toy Part Saiga Part Uzi Part Ak Part ?

PICT0245.JPG

Damn those pics look like shit. Anyways I got the call yesterday from my FFL saying my rifles where ready to go. Heres a pic of one of my new toys its a Ak-74 9mm conversion. Its a mix of about 10 rifles thrown into one.

1. UZI Barrel

2. Yugo Grip (One of my USA made ones)

3. Ar Stock

4. Sten Mag

5. ITM Receiver

6. Saiga Handguard

7. Unknown FCG maybe from the original 74

8. Ar styled mag release

9. Custom peep site which looks great and appears to be adjustable

I havent had a chance to take it out yet but cant wait

Heres another pic of my 74 that came in at the same time. As you can see there was alot of mods done to the trunnions, receiver and so on.

PICT0239.JPG

Edited by midwestarmory.com
Who made it?  I am quite impressed with the shortening of the receiver, similar to some Russian subgun designs.

I am of the opinion that a pistol caliber AK could kick an Uzi's arse for quality and options at a lower price.

It was made by a individual who needed to sell it to come up with some cash. Its a blow back design so Im curious to see how it does. I was told that it goes through winchester without a problem but hates steel russian. I was told that this is probably due to the way steel expands compared to brass. I dont care though WalMart has winchester 100 packs for around $10. It uses cheap sten mags so I picked some up from Tapco but at the price of $3-$4 each I might as well pick up a dozen more. The guy who built it did a large amount of work to it. Almost everything is custom from the newly machined front trunnion, rear peep site, front site, receiver, mag well, bolt and the list goes on & on. It seems like it would be a very pricey to set up mass production of one due to the fact that almost all the parts would need to be custom made. It would be cool as hell though. I have a friend who is gonna try a suomi conversion. Now that would be one sweet set up with the price of drums.

I saw an impressive example at Gunco.net

Me to I was so impressed that I bought it :-) Heres the one that I bought in its early stages its hasent changed a whole lot other than a new mag release, furniture and maybe some finetuning but I cant really tell you.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php...highlight=bizon