Weaver 4-12x44 with AO?? any good??

I was looking at the Weaver 4-12x44 scope with AO adjustment with Ballistic Plex (BDC) for $180..

anyone run one of these?? you think this would be better than a Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12x40 with AO (DOA 600 BDC)?

Anyone with experience please chime in... I want a good scope for under $200 with AO..

I've also checked the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 with BDC for under $200 and the Vortex DiamondBack with BDC also $199..

the issue with THOSE models is the lack of the AO feature which when shooting long range may become an issue..

I know the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 has the AO and BDC recticle but the cost is over $290.. same with the DiamondBack also.. like $300+.. :cryss:

for my DPMS LR-308 and I want to shoot 100-400 yards. and maybe further once and a while for std 12"x18" targets..

Help.. :cryss:

Albert

Look at Samplelist They've got great prices and you can find pretty much whatever you want.

A good scope UNDER $200 is a tall order.

I'd go with the Nikon. Their glass is pretty good in that price range.

Don't forget a decent mount and rings.

nothing on sample list...

I'd got with the Nikon ProStaff but the lack of the Adjustable Objective is not an option.. :cryss:

Heck I was looking at the Simmon 44Mag line-up.. but I don't see them being a decent optic.. (I dunno though)..

Anyone running a Weaver scope?? or the Nitrex TR series (by Weaver)???

Walmart.. LOL :cryss:

I'm leaning toward the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 with AO.. found some for sub $270..

the other options that came up are the Bushnell Elite 3200 in 4-12x40 with AO with BDC :dollar: $300

a Nikon Prostaff without the AO in 4-12x40 with Mil-Dot (which rated really high) $165

anyone want to weigh in ???

Well, since the Nikon Pro Staff in 4-12x40 had good reviews on almost all sites..

I bought the 4-12x40 with the BDC recticle for just $169 shipped.. about $25 less than other sites. :up:

while the Mil-Dot was appealing (Midway Exclusive) on the same scope model... I'm not good at math.. :cryss:

and for my anticipated range of 1-500 this should be fine for zombies :electric_shock:

I'll do a range report and review of the scope when it comes in.

Albert

well.. the dealer with the good price confirmed OUT OF STOCK.. :cryss:

I went with the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 w/Mil-Dot from Midway.. total was $177 shipped.. (in stock)

Guess I need to learn a little math.. or just note down my proper drop on a cheat sheet.. :super:

Al

Looks like I'm late, but have you considered the 8x42 Weaver mount POSP from Kalinka?

"POSP 8x42 D PRO Rifle Scope w/ Independent Focus and US Mil-Dot Rangefinder, Weaver Version"

Higher than you wanted to spend but for less than $200 that's a tough call. After all the years I've used Russian optics I doubt I'd get a western optic unless I was going really high end. The budget market doesn't interest me after how well the combloc stuff has performed in the same price range.

I'm hoping the Nikon optic is decent, I know they make great camera's and hopefully the rifle scope is a solid one. Good luck!

Z

for my DPMS LR-308 and I want to shoot 100-400 yards. and maybe further once and a while for std 12"x18" targets.

Its for my DPMS LR-308.. not an AK.. sorry..

He means the weaver mounted version of the scope, not the side mount version. They make a POSP that mounts to a weaver rail.