I went to install the Krebs Custom AK Ghostring sights on my 545 using the campy tool that I have and in the process the retention spring that holds the rear sight tight and in place seems to have come loose...REALLY loose! So loose that the rear sight now bounces up and down freely and has about 1/2"-3/4" of travel! Did I break a spotweld maybe? How or what can I do to fix this?

please help!

-RR

Edited by RoughRider666

Did you put it in upside down?

No, I put the same exact same sight on my X39 yesterday without fail...Im starting think there might have been a factory defect with the spot-weld on the retention spring of my 545...either way, I need to know how to fix this.

Edited by RoughRider666

No, I put the same exact same sight on my X39 yesterday without fail...Im starting think there might have been a factory defect with the spot-weld on the retention spring of my 545...either way, I need to know how to fix this.

Can't speak for the 5.45, but when I replaced the rear sight on my 7.62, there was no spot weld holding the leaf spring in place. It has a little bump on it that has to be lined up with a small divet / hole in the rear sight block. After removing mine I had to bend it slightly before putting it back in or my rear sight was also loose. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Can't speak for the 5.45, but when I replaced the rear sight on my 7.62, there was no spot weld holding the leaf spring in place. It has a little bump on it that has to be lined up with a small divet / hole in the rear sight block. After removing mine I had to bend it slightly before putting it back in or my rear sight was also loose. Just my 2 cents.

There is a dimple to align on the 5.45 Saigas. Maybe you didn't get it in all the way?