7.62x25 tokarev ammo prices going up or down in near future?

so I Got a couple m-57's coming today, and am looking at ammo now.... should I wait to buy a lot of it untill more is imported? ive heard the prices go up and down alot depending on when new shipments come in. IS there likely to be a significant price drop/new shipment soon? everything seems to be over $0.39 a rnd with shipping right now... is that normal? high? seems slightly high for surplus. thanks

Edited by Dandiesel

Don't think prices will be dropping. More and more people are buying TTs and ops and now there are conversions to turn your 1911 38 supper to shoot the x25. If anything there is more demand. Probably why we ran out in the first place

As for shipping it kinda depands on where you live but that is a bit high

Edited by Arik

With all of the Yugo M57s sold in the last couple of years, and a ton of them sold just within the last few months, and now with the PPs43's, I don't expect prices to drop any time soon. I talked to a couple different distributors not too long ago and was told by one of them that a few different companies (no names) purchased substantial amounts of the Polish surplus ammo and dried it all up at the wholesale surplus prices. They also said not to expect more surplus any time soon. Better grab it if you see it cheap.

Edit to add: I still can't complain about current prices. It's still cheaper than most other handgun ammo and packs a better punch.

Edited by KC913

Who has surplus rounds at the "current prices", any way? J&G Sales sure had great prices on surplus 7.62x25 mm. I should have seen that they would run out pretty fast. There's gotta be quite a few of these rounds left in various Eastern European countries. Some of them were using Papa Shaws and Papa Asses well into the 60's and had them cosmolined to give out to their people when we invaded, keeping a large stock of ammo. At least, that's what I am hoping for.

With all of the Yugo M57s sold in the last couple of years, and a ton of them sold just within the last few months, and now with the PPs43's, I don't expect prices to drop any time soon. I talked to a couple different distributors not too long ago and was told by one of them that a few different companies (no names) purchased substantial amounts of the Polish surplus ammo and dried it all up at the wholesale surplus prices. They also said not to expect more surplus any time soon. Better grab it if you see it cheap.

Edit to add: I still can't complain about current prices. It's still cheaper than most other handgun ammo and packs a better punch.

naches shooters supply said they have some ordered but didn't have any idea when they would get it

it comes to about 29.5 cents a round with shipping... best deal i could find

Sealed cans of the Polish surplus have been going for around $230.00 to $250.00 shipped on GunBroker. That's right under 20 cents a round.

Edit: there are also a few people selling the individual 70 round boxes from the Polish cans.

This one ended yesterday:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230542546

Just keep an eye out.

Edited by KC913

Yugo surplus is good clean stuff. Well a lot cleaner then the Polish ammo. Also not as corrosive as one might think <--- I tested this theory on my Polish TT years ago, before I knew of corrosive ammo.

• 2 weeks later...