Hello saiga forums I just bought a saiga 5.45 and I'm looking to do the conversion. Now I have little to no experience with power tools. Do u recommend me trying to do the conversions myself or pay for it. If anyone lives in surprise Arizona would like to walk me thru it or help me convert it I would love u forever. Also I need to know what parts I'm going to need to buy. I'm ordering kvar furniture that much I know but after that I'm lost. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you

All the info you need to do anything you want or need to the Saiga 12 can be found here in the forum. IMHO anyone can do the conversion if they first read through the forum and then take their time. I have some experience with metal working so I found the conversion to be extremely easy -- I pretty much got two done in under two hours, and I did not rush. I would say read all you can here and soak up the info -- then even if you wimp out and not do it, you will at least understand what someone else did and why. Having a weapon and not understanding how it works and how to fix it if it breaks may leave you vulnerable in the most extreme of times. Read through things -- I bet you will take the plunge.

• Like 1

Yea I'm leaning towards doing the conversion myself. I've been reading and watching videos. It looks simple enough. For now I want to do the basic conversion stock/pistol grip and moving forward the rigger assmby. I'm reading about a bullet guild I have some Bulgarian mags and it seems like the bullet is feeding fine. Has anyone else notice that. Man I just bought this saiga yesterday and I can't sleep without thinking about converting it. Work n 3 hours its gonna b a long day

im a fellow surprise, arizonian as well. I just picked up my saiga 223 from lonewolf on monday and im feeling your pain haha. I already converted a saiga 12 so im sure it the same procedure. CSS has some very good videos on there website on the saiga 12 that would help you on your rifle. Im converting mine in a few weeks.

We should have an AZ Saiga shoot out haha all forum members should get together at ben avery or out in the boonies somewhere and tear shit up. That would be cool.

Edited by foreign firearm fiend

BEFORE YOU MAKE ONE STEP TOWARDS CONVERTING: shoot it first! Make sure it's running right, don't waste money on something that could (albiet slim chance) need service/warranty. Better safe than sorry.But yea use google to search the forum ( the site's internal search is less than desired) do the reading before you do the leg work. Really, if you can change your breaks you can convert a siaga. GO FOR IT. Everybody here will help. ENJOY. and expect to buy more, they're addictive.