Barrel Temps... Can we use Duracoat on the barrel, or not?

I'm going to use Duracoat (Combat Black) on my S12 reciever. I want to possibly do the barrel as well while I'm at it, but I'm unsure if the Barrel temps would get too high. Duracoat is good to temps as high as 600 degrees (Duraheat extends that to 1800).

Dos anyone have any real idea of how hot these barrels get under heavier sustained fire (like maybe as much as 4x 10rd mags fired as quickly as possible back to back)? I seriously doubt I'd be firing it that hard, but it might happen...

I'm going to use Duracoat (Combat Black) on my S12 reciever. I want to possibly do the barrel as well while I'm at it, but I'm unsure if the Barrel temps would get too high. Duracoat is good to temps as high as 600 degrees (Duraheat extends that to 1800).

Dos anyone have any real idea of how hot these barrels get under heavier sustained fire (like maybe as much as 4x 10rd mags fired as quickly as possible back to back)? I seriously doubt I'd be firing it that hard, but it might happen...

I would say the duracoat is fine, but If the duraheat is the same price go with it, and be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I duracoated a dozen or so rifles. And to answer your question: YES its fine.

The only time I had duracoat come off, was when I first started duracoating and did not clean the rifle properly, leaving some traces of oil in one spot, which later caused the finish to come off.