galil handguards for .308's?

I can make a wooden version slightly more closely shaped to the original synthetic GALIL style. It will have an integral retainer for the S-308 barrel and will require no mod to the rifle at all.

Something pretty close to this, but out of wood and designed to fit the S-308.

post-6-1120798026_thumb.jpg

I'd trust G3 with making a retainer if you want one without any work. He has a thread with some prototypes that look pretty good... not to mention he can make it proper where your gas tube is partially exposed rather than covered up (tapco).

If you want to use the Tapco, you'll have to make a retainer and trim the forearm slight where it goes under the trunion. Here's a thread on it: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2967

Now that I've had time to dwell it over, I think the best solution is to make a shim like I did out of whatever material you want and attach it to the forend with epoxy and screws. Then, put a thin coat of rubber cement on both sides of the shim and let it dry. Take the scope ring and scuff the inside perpendicular to the bore with sand paper. Assemble on rifle and clamp down. The shim keeps the forearm positioned, the scuffing/rubber cement keeps it in place and not slide fore or aft. I just trimmed the mount off mine, painted it and hit it under the barrel.

Here's a proof of concept for a wooden handguard in the synthetic Galil style. Lighting is never good to it. Still needs some smoothing. I think I'll make the edges on the finger grooves a little sharper. If this POC (proof of concept, not piece of crap) meets your needs, I'll let you have it at a reduced price.

post-6-1120892031_thumb.jpg

Wood is maple, retainer would certainly be added. This one I consider a "second", and would let go for $30 + $5 flat shipping.

Mag adaptors are in progress, but take significantly more work than the wood furniture. I sincerely appreciate the patience of the few, the proud, the mag adaptor buyers.

Wood is maple, retainer would certainly be added.  This one I consider a "second", and would let go for $30 + $5 flat shipping.

Mag adaptors are in progress, but take significantly more work than the wood furniture.  I sincerely appreciate the patience of the few, the proud, the mag adaptor buyers.

PM sent...

I might buy one of those off you eventually, though I can't commit at the moment. Think you could also make rear sight base for the receiver cover that uses an AR A2 rear sight assembly sans the elevation screw and makes it look Galilish? Just something to think about.

I have indeed thought about such a thing, an AR type rear site.

Basically, I need folks to buy stuff now if I'm going to be able to invest in such things later.

Another thing I'd have to do is check the competition to see if anything I'd make would really be competitive. I know there are folks out there making such things. I do best on products no one else makes.