I'm finally converting my .308. My 7.62 conversion went so smooth I thought this would be easy. Not that easy yet.

Latest issue is the spring that goes in the, um... "little hammer catcher thingie" that pivots with the trigger. The Hole is Way to small for the Saiga spring and under much more tension than my 7.62 is. I got Tapco's G2 kit. Should I drill out the hole or look for a smaller spring. Neither sounds like a great idea as failure could result in run-away NFA non-compliance :-)

What have you guys done?

SG

Hey I have been meaning to post something about this as well. I bought the reduced tension spring from Blackjackbuffers.com -waste of $8 haha. Oh well. Round 2 i got one from K-var. It works but now i am having the problem with the G-2 FCG. I am using the original hammer and the disconnector doesn't contact it in any way. Both the new and original hammers are too short now. This is surely a problem, has anyone else seen this or have any advice? thanks in advance.

PS. if you are looking for a spring buy from somebody on the board or go through K-var.com they are great.

Hey I have been meaning to post something about this as well. I bought the reduced tension spring from Blackjackbuffers.com -waste of $8 haha. Oh well. Round 2 i got one from K-var. It works but now i am having the problem with the G-2 FCG. I am using the original hammer and the disconnector doesn't contact it in any way. Both the new and original hammers are too short now. This is surely a problem, has anyone else seen this or have any advice? thanks in advance.

PS. if you are looking for a spring buy from somebody on the board or go through K-var.com they are great.

My question is why are you using the original hammer? I havent done a 308 yet but It cant be more difficult than a 12. You are loosing 1 american made part for your parts count by using the original hammer. The G2 one should be identical to the original except maybe a nub you can grind off to make it work.

I posted a while back on this, with pictures, in a thread called "The Conversion Begins" I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll say this...

I drilled my disconnector out as well as the seat in the trigger, just gripped 'em with vice grips and went to town. You'll then need to cut between 1/4 to 1/3 of the spring off. Assemble and have fun. Your other option is to order a normal AK disconnector spring.