New Saiga issue with quad rail instal.

I bought my S- 12 from K-VAR in February. My local shop JUST finished the trigger conversion and addition of the pistol grip. I thought i would bring it home and put my quad rail form North Carolina Shooter supply with no problem, but i ran into this! Check my photos and offer some advice please......................

As you can see, it looks like i got a different front "handle" and sling attachment than they used to use i guess.

2011-06-24_19-32-49_456.jpg

The two screws came out easy, but there is some sort of rivit or something still in, it doesnt accept any kind of allen wrench. I dont know what the hell to use to remove it now.

2011-06-24_19-33-13_705.jpg

2011-06-24_19-33-31_420.jpg

I have only had one of those in the shop and I recall having some problems getting that screw out as well.

I thought it was an allen head, but maybe it was a torx, I don't recall.

Either way, I had to heat the screw up with a torch to get it out.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

How about one of those drill bit heads that are supposed to pull any screw out? They kinda dig into the metal but it could work. good luck

this is what they're talking about http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=screw+extractor&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16049611377714780932&sa=X&ei=stkFTtDMCMKz0AG7-9SDCw&ved=0CFAQ8gIwAg

I've never used a set like that before but I have one like this http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=screw+extractor&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6051270985364928678&sa=X&ei=stkFTtDMCMKz0AG7-9SDCw&ved=0CFcQ8gIwBA

I use that type alot and it always works, I used to be a VW mechanic and all they use now is torx screws and when they're stripped it is the only way to get them out. Good luck

Ok guys,thanks for the advice so far. I have every extractor known to man from working on my truck. I think I will take it to my local gun range and see what they can do first before tearing into it myself. Id rather not make the problem worse! But we'll see. What a pisser!