Whats the lowdown?

It is a very light gun but I don't see why it couldn't hold up to thousands of rounds. I also don't think this gun was meant to be run over and then dumped in mud like the Saiga.

How well it holds up is yet to be seen. I think it will supprise folks with its durability but time will bear that out.

What does dumping any gun in the mud and running over it matter if it meets the durability and performance criteria we are looking for in this application? huh.png

Do you regularly dump your guns in the mud and drive over them before you shoot? wink.png

LOL no but the sometimes the Russians do. The Saiga is a strong metal gun and the 1919 is a gun with a feature that appeals to us but is made of polymers. I really do hope that it's a quality gun and will last a while.

Edited by theturtlepond
  • Like 1

It is a very light gun but I don't see why it couldn't hold up to thousands of rounds. I also don't think this gun was meant to be run over and then dumped in mud like the Saiga.

How well it holds up is yet to be seen. I think it will supprise folks with its durability but time will bear that out.

What does dumping any gun in the mud and running over it matter if it meets the durability and performance criteria we are looking for in this application? huh.png

Do you regularly dump your guns in the mud and drive over them before you shoot? wink.png

LOL no but the sometimes the Russians do. The Saiga is a strong metal gun and the 1919 is a gun with a feature that appeals to us but is made of polymers. I really do hope that it's a quality gun and will last a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSx22HRbnqo

Yup. That has been out for a few years. I guess my point is that while a demonstration like that is impressive it also really isnt pertinant. I have a XD that I could probably do that with and used to own Wilson pistols that ran like a swiss clock that wouldnt do that. I have had Colt AR15s that have gone a couple thousand rounds without cleaning. Add a drop or 2 of oil and load a mag.

Even an old dog like me knows that polymer guns have advantages over steel guns but it all comes down to what your goals and needs are.

I guess the ruski's find this kind of test to be important as they tend to transport troops in their m35 equivalent, without seatbelts holding their rifles. If you hit a big enough bump and someone drops their weapon, they want to be sure the truck behind it won’t ruin a perfectly good firearm. DAMN the guy who fell out with the gun, he’s a dumb ass, but at least we can pass his good weapon to someone else. XD

I'm to invested in the Saiga platform to dump it no matter what I'm going to focus on improving my S-12s. But and it's a big but I may buy an MKA-1919 because very interesting. And it comes free of a lot of Saiga issues. My guns are mostly for competition, they have secondary roll as defense guns. in that roll I want something that will work if dragged behind a vehicle through a mud puddle or driven over by a truck.

• Like 1