Saiga 308 safety issue

I finished converting my Saiga to pistol grip configuration. I used a Tapco G2 HTS. The interface between the safety and the trigger is no longer what I would call a safety. If the safety is "on" I can pull the trigger and the hook on the trigger just barely slides off the flat on the hammer and locks the trigger to the rear. I'm sure eventually it will wear to the point of not even holding the hammer and will fire.

Has everyone else that has used the G2 HTS had this problem with their 308 conversions? What did you do to fix? I thought about silver soldering an extension onto the safety and regrind as required. A new safety lever would most likely have the little tit that scribes an arc in the finish of the side of the receiver in a different location based on my other AK's (Hungarian). Any sources for a Saiga safety that the tang has been unground? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Welded it up (muffler shop, $5) and ground it down. Almost zero trigger travel. I also modded the face of the safety to allow it to be removed/installed without moving/removing other parts.

I knotched the safety to flip completely on while the bolt is locked to the rear. The bolt can not be sent forward without the safety being moved to fire.

http://www.roguesecurity.com/AK.html

Edited by Fredness