Bolt Carrier with no spring stop?

Ok I bought a bolt carrier with gas piston from an unnamed site. Will name if I dont get a return or a new one. I recicved it and it looked all good. But then I looked alittle closer. There is no serial number and there is no indent on the top near where the spring slids into the carrier. So I go to put it in and the spring slids all the way in. So there is no spring stop in it. If im stuck wih this is there in way to find the piece that slids into the carrier to stop the spring from going to far? Thanks for any help JD

Ok here are the pics. The one on the bottom is my original bolt the one on top is the new one.I noticed that the new one dosent have a bolt stop on it. The site got back to me and said i mit have an older set up but I bought the gun this spring. and it was new. They said that all the parts came from opperating shotguns.

PB270051.jpg

PB270050.jpg

They told me the spring should go all the in well its to short. I guess maybe ak AK spring would work. Any one know where to get one with the dust cover. I know i could cut the bolt stop on it because the one slide rail is thicker. any help is great thanks guys.

Edited by Johnny Dee

The wife's .410 is an older one,with the small hollow floating piston. Hers has a pin in the spring channel. I can't speak for the newer ones, but hers is obviously there so a standard AK spring can be used instead of making a different stronger one. Without the pin it looks like the carrier would beat the crap out of the rear trunnion. When I converted hers and put a UF on it I had to add a buffer because the bolt was a bit 'energetic' and there was less contact area with the different rear trunnion.

Also the part that would be the gas piston on an AK is threaded into the carrier, i would think this is used by the factory to tune the bolt carrier length (piston travel) for best operation before they pressed the dimples in to lock the threads.

Well the piston came on it. The site said the spring in the Saiga is only an inch shorter then an AK spring. Thay said i could put in a piece of metal to stop the spring from going all the way. But i dont have the tools or the time to do it. Im wondering if this is from a 12 and not a 410? The notch in the new one is much deeper as u can see then on mine.