Problem with my 7.62 conversion? PLEASE HELP!

I did my first conversion on my 7.62 yesterday. It came out really good and I got it done fairly quickly right up until the last step of reassembling it. When i go to put the gas assembly back onto the receiver it will not slide back passed the trigger. Even with the bolt removed (trigger is cocked bye the way) it wont slide forward easily the bottom of the gas assembly hits the trigger and stops it. If I force it forward and reassemble i can not manually cycle the gun ( with bolt installed) it acts as if the safety is on and will not work correctly. The hammer is functioning perfectly and the conversion was second nature to this point but now Im lost. Please help I cant find any info on the problem . What did I do wrong? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem but I had used washers to attach the new CSS triger guard(I did not like how the screw did not flush up and the threads were showning on the bottom). My problem was the washers were keeping the hammer face up to high and not allowing the bolt to pass over.

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback. the hammer is already modified but thanks. What do you mean you used a washer?

I am guessing that he was not happy with teh attachment of the trigger guard and used washers to change it.. but as a result of using washers the head of the screw holding the trigger guard on sat up too high in the receiver, thus stopping the hammer from coming down far enough for everything up top to clear.. can you take a picture of the inside of your receiver? I am no expert.. but I have put quite a few of these guns together.. and everything has always fit together VERY easily.. I would not start grinding the hammer without being %100 sure there is not another far more simpler answer... make sure the hammer is going all the way down.. and not binding on anything..

Edited by vladtepes

Ok so I took Paulies advice and tried the original factory trigger and it seems to have fixed the issue the gun went back together normally and I am once again able to cycle it manually. I am gonna take it to the range tomorrow to make sure it fires normally. I will let you guys know what happens.