Help on conversion - trigger reset

Hi all,

I'm a newb and just finished up my conversion on a Saiga 223. I used the tapco G2 single hook FCG but used the old spring instead of a new retainging plate.

The problem I'm having is that the trigger does not reset back to it's original position after firing, I need to push it forward with my finger to reset the trigger. If I install the Tapco retaining plate will this take care of the problem or is this a bad disconector spring?

This is a common post-conversion issue.

It's being caused by the right leg of the mainspring "wandering" to the center of the trigger bars.

For the spring to have the leverage it needs, it needs to sit all the way out.

When the spring leg wanders inward, it sits on top of the trigger bar parallel to it rather than the very end sitting all the way back perpendicularly which gives the spring more leverage on the bars.

AK's don't have this issue because they don't have a BHO pushing on the right spring leg to push it to the center of the trigger bars.

To remedy the situation, simply put an outward bend slightly after the coil on each leg of the mainspring making it so the spring's stored energy will keep the spring legs in place despite the BHO trying to push the right leg over.

Other measures I take to keep the possibility of this issue from happening is polishing the trigger bars & lightly polishing the trigger's axis pin then crosshatching it for lubrication retention through capillarity action. Then I use a drop of Automatic transmission fluid for lube on the trigger's axis.

The reduction in friction that makes the trigger feel smooth also reduces force needed for the mainspring to push the trigger bar down to disengage the hammer from the disconnector so it falls into the trigger hook(s) making the weapon ready to fire.

• Like 2