New Conversion -BHO vs Sans BHO w / Krebs

Ok, so I will be doing another conversion in the near future and wanted some opinions from my fellow members here at the forum. On the topic..........BHO reinstall vs no BHO with a Krebs Enhanced Safety. After keeping my BHO and using it in my gun for the past 4 years, I have had issues with it. I sometimes feel like its kinda chancy having a small leg of metal determine whether my gun will be reliable or not. Let's face it if your BHO gets jammed, you can't just pull the bolt back and clear the malfunction. Now I know that people have notched it and it seems to work pretty well that way along with a slight bend to keep the trigger leg from coming off as well. I've done all those things except for the notch, and have not had any problems since those mods and I do like it. But I have seen what can happen, and had to fix it on more than 1 occasion. On the other hand I have not used a Krebs safety and don't really know how easy or effective it would be able to quickly lock the bolt and reload. And now.......... I just can't decide which way I wanna go. I'm stuck on the fence and wanted to see what experience yall may have with a Krebs without a BHO, or any other combination.. I'm of course making this decision without taking into effect the obvious polish jobs that our talented business members can do to aid in loading on a closed bolt (which I am considering down the road).

I put the BHO in the full auto gun, and it gave no problems, even with heavy buckshot and 3" shells.

I do put a small notch in the spring hook to keep the spring seated.

Another thing that may be overlooked is that the cutout on the bottom, where it sits just over the trigger pin isn't deep enough. The BHO sits on the trigger pin, not the bottom of the receiver. When a G2 fcg is installed, the sleeve on the trigger pin makes it sit even higher, which is closer to engaging the bolt carrier.

I always cut this section deeper, so that the BHO bottoms out in the receiver without touching the trigger pin.

As a side note, I also notch out the back, so that the safety can be sneaked in around it. What may be another plus is that these 2 operations will make the rear end of the part slightly lighter, so it would "bounce" less under recoil.

Edited by Gunfixr
  • Like 2

I put the BHO in the full auto gun, and it gave no problems, even with heavy buckshot and 3" shells.

I do put a small notch in the spring hook to keep the spring seated.

Another thing that may be overlooked is that the cutout on the bottom, where it sits just over the trigger pin isn't deep enough. The BHO sits on the trigger pin, not the bottom of the receiver. When a G2 fcg is installed, the sleeve on the trigger pin makes it sit even higher, which is closer to engaging the bolt carrier.

I always cut this section deeper, so that the BHO bottoms out in the receiver without touching the trigger pin.

As a side note, I also notch out the back, so that the safety can be sneaked in around it. What may be another plus is that these 2 operations will make the rear end of the part slightly lighter, so it would "bounce" less under recoil.

Thx for the reply. Thinking bout keeping the BHO now.