16" Saiga 308 max range & accuracy?

I did search but mainly found responses for the 21" barrel one. We have a range about close by that has a 600yd target range. I have a Mosin M39 that I'm confident would hit it. With a decent scope, could the S308 / 16" be able to accurately hit the mark, minus the shooter's ability? Some Ar guys want me to come along and shoot, and the S308 is the biggest caliber semi auto I have. Any input would be appreciated! I am practicing, but want to be sure the rifle can do it before I make more of a fool of myself.

It's not necessarily a bench rest gun, but with a good trigger and a good shooter, you'll have no trouble keeping up with the AR guys.

The big difference is really in ergonomics and the trigger. Accuracy wise, I've not found something that's ever been "inaccurate." Even using a sub compact pistol out to 100 yards. If you do your part it will do its.

Okay. I AM going to practice, just wanted to make sure the S308 can reach out to the 600yd mark. The weak link is the optics system. Once I get my eyes lasered maybe I'll see ok. The guys have an AR10 I think it is (AR15 just in .308, and some 5.56 AR15s. My cheap "commie" gun is going to try and keep up since it belches fire. I'll practice with some NATO 7.62x51, then if I get close maybe some Hornady. :killer:

.308 very easily reaches out to 600 yards, and on out to 1000 yards in the hands of good rifleman.

Do not expect excellent accuracy, this a AK platform, not a precision bolt gun.

Expect minute of man and you won't be disappointed, headshots at 200 yards and torsos at 600 yards.

On a good day, with my S.308-ver.21, I can pretty consistently hit the 12" gong at 400 yards, makes me happy and pisses off many a AR shooter.

With my AR, I can ring that sucker like a Catholic altar boy ringing Sunday Mass.

READ THIS: http://forum.saiga-1...__1#entry558816

Edited by ChileRelleno