Unmarked US made stock . . .

I bought a U.S. made ATI ("Advanced Technology International USA") Fiberforce Dragunov stock and it has no "made in USA" markings on it . . . no markings at all, in fact. Are other US made stocks marked?

Wouldn't you think they would mark them for 922r compliance reasons? I plan on doing my conversion and use this stock also for an additional compliance point if not using US magazines.

I am not a lawyer, but in the extremely unlikely event that you are ever prosecuted for a 922r violation and the stock was an issue, your attorney might have to subpoena somebody from ATI to testify that it is one of their stocks, and that they are made in the US. The burden of proof is on the .gov to prove that it is a foreign made part, so ultimately what it comes down to, is do YOU trust that they made it in the US? Any monkey can stamp or engrave "USA" into a mold, and the mold will still produce stocks that say "USA" on them, no matter what country the manufacturing process is actually done in.

I had some people ask about US marking for the stocks that I build, so I started stamping "USA" on all of them just to put an end to the questions. But the presence or absence of any markings does not affect whether or not a part is considered to be US made for 922r compliance purposes, since 922r does not spell out any such requirements.

• Like 1

Thanks Netpackrat, I hear you. I just think it's odd that most other 922r compliance parts that I have seen have USA on them, but I'm pretty new to all of this.

The ATI website shows their company name with USA behind it, but I guess that doesn't legally mean that all parts sold on that website are US made (???). No where do I find a claim that parts are US made.

I sent them an email a few weeks ago but they have not answered.