bushing break in

The easy awnser is. Shoot it.

I put about 300 rounds in it before i put the bushing in. when i put it in and tried shooting with the bushing it would FTE everytime, I know every gun is different during break in but i was wondering abou how many rounds of Hi brass, or low brass i should put through it with the bushing in it to break the bushing in.

The bushing doesn't need any break-in. If your gun was running fine without the bushing, you should not have installed it. I am not sure what you were thinking there.

Tony

it would shoot hi brass fine but not low brass thats why i installed it. I tried shooting low brass and FTE everytime with the bushing in it. And to Jasper ive soaked every part of it in CLP and lubicated very well. That is why you made the bushings right? to help it shoot low brass?

If it's marginal with low brass, it will boost the pressure enough to get it to run, but if it's severely undergassed or your ammo is really light, it can't overcome that. Blocking the gas bypass off altogether won't help any more than the booster does. I would try it with the booster and Winchester AA Super Sport birdshot. It should run on that.

Tony

If it's marginal with low brass, it will boost the pressure enough to get it to run, but if it's severely undergassed or your ammo is really light, it can't overcome that. Blocking the gas bypass off altogether won't help any more than the booster does. I would try it with the booster and Winchester AA Super Sport birdshot. It should run on that.

Tony

i was using federal bulk pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mine had trouble feeding low brass initially. I ran a 25 shell box of 3 in Win Super X turkey loads and I left the gun's breech open over night to soften the recoil spring up. Now it cycles Federal Bulk pack and Win AA fine without the bushing, but I bought one in case. The recoil spring is really tight when you first get the gun.