Anyone interested in USAS 10rd mags?

I might be if anyone knows how to do this conversion, and if it's reliable? I tried to enlarge the picture so I can get a better look but it gets distorted (for all I know at this point is that you can stick it in the hole). Picture is from another Gunbroker Saiga 12 add.

post-1866-1122846358_thumb.jpg

I might be if anyone knows how to do this conversion, and if it's reliable?

It isn't magic or voo-doo.

It's like 9th Grade Engineering Class shit.

Retrofit the old magazine body with an AK locking system. Make any dimensional modifications (+/-) to the magazine body to ensure suitable operation.

Make sure to install this new locking system so magazine locks up with the feed angle duplicating that of a factory magazine.

Make any modifications to the follower or feed lips to ensure proper feed direction and timing.

Install, charge weapon, pull trigger.

Edited by McUZI

If you get an 8 rounder and a USAS mag and hold them up and compare them, you will discover what everybody else who has compared them has, which is that you should just buy the 8 rounder for the inflated price.

The other drawback besides the PITA modification, is that the USAS mag is shorter in the front to rear dimension so many of the 2 3/4" shells don't fit. :o