Tactical Shotgun match NCRR

Well guys the next tactical shotgun match at Norfolk County Rifle Range is August 20, last match was a blast 5 Saiga Shooters and I think we impressed the primative shotgun shooters (flintlocks). :lolol:http://ncrr.net/IDPA/Events/Shotgun/match.htm unless they up date the site some of the info is incorrect like the date next match is 20 August 2005 bring at least 150 rounds of 7 1/2 or smaller shot.

http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/PhotoAlbums/shotg...2005/index.html

We would love to see more Saiga there. I'll update this thread :osama::killer: as the date gets closer.

I would recommend a full choke for SLB or Talley Wacker what ever term you perfer.

One more thing you may want to shoot a few skeet there are always a few of them to hit. I think they are worth ten seconds off your time for each one you hit sometimes they are optional but sometimes they are a requirement. Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Any Saiga shooter who shows up is welcome to share my mags (we are good like that)

:super: TEAM SAIGA RULES :super:

I think it would be pretty cool if we all showed up in Saiga Tee Shirts so I'm going to buy some.

Edited by topmaul
  • 2 weeks later...

It's time for Team Saiga to make another match who is coming? Me and Eric will be there. Hope to see as many as possible at the match. If you need any information please PM me.

I think I'm going to make it. Cassie would come too (and shoot this time), and Stephanie might join as well. Get some ladies in the competition, maybe once some tube-feeders lose to a gal they'll give up, throw their outdated-gun in the trash, and start searching for Saigas. I'll let you know as the time draws nearer for sure if I'm coming. And this time I'm bringing high brass so that stupid teeter-totter won't make me its bitch.

The match is on let's have a large turn out bring some extra money they are having a raffle.

RAFFLE DRAWING!!!!!! http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/Raffles/3-gun_2005/raffle.html

I am sure that alot of you are wondering how the raffle drawing is doing!!!! Well....there are a few people that have outstanding tickets that I have to get in my hot little hand by the 20th of the month...by 9am!!!!! because we will be drawing the winners at this months Tactical Shotgun match on August 20th at or around NOON! You do not need to be present to win...That's why we got your phone number...LOL

Good luck to you all!!! We will be calling the winners (if not present) during the drawing...

Edited by topmaul

Well...nevermind on the little lady shooting. Took her to the range last night to get her used to the 12-gauge. Two shots later, she decided that it's more fun to watch then shoot...I guess I need to start looking into getting a 20ga if I wanna make tac-matches a dating function. What's sad is that Saigas are gentle in comparison to any other gun I've shot. Mine has the compensator up front, buffer internally, gas system to dissipate recoil, and the g-launching butt-pad from K-var. The combo doesn't even leave a bruise on me any more shooting ~25 slugs. Oh well. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the 20th.

AegisDei,

There pretty effective sholder pads for inserting into shooting vests. You might look into that as well.....

Good luck on the female = shooter conversion!

BTW, I shot a 20ga at a NCRR match 2 years back. Spun the "teeter-totter" just fine, but that was standing up and semi close.

Haven't been in town till now, so I haven't asked around yet. I'm not even sure I can go yet, as there is IDPA this weekend and I think 3 gun in 2 weeks and school starts soon.

I gotta have a bit of father/family time.

But I'm trying to make it all work out!

I know Eric wants a nother crack at it the Tallywacker because he thought he had it but did not quite make it spin, it cost him 60 seconds which he would have had if he had taken one more shot. So you can bet he wants to put the thing in orbit. Ron too bad you can't make it, there may be an interesting suprise at the match.

Aegis,

BlackCreek (northeast side of Richmond) schedules the 3gun monthly now. It is supposed to be on the 4th sat of the month (or is that the last sat? don't remember).

Bit of a drive, but a lot of fun. Last one had a BUNCH of rifle with a bit of pistol and rifle thrown in for fun.

Maybe pool rides with John?

But you are in the heart of 3gun land, pretty good matches down in NC.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3332 Aegis try the links here Feyettville, NC has tons of matches pretty much any weekend you want to shoot. I use the 3gunmatch.com site. When you pick a match let us know so perhaps we can show up in force.

TEAM SAIGA RULES :lolol:

Aegis Fayettville or Blackcreek fourth Saturday what do you think? :blues:

http://www.freewebs.com/trigger-time/ never been there

http://bcidpa.kicks-ass.net/ Good Match I have shot there a few times

Edited by topmaul

Just got confirmation the match is on!!! :chris: 20 August :donatello: We had a blast last month I bought my ammo today. Rember ammo is restricted to 7 1/2 or smaller. I really think if you have interchangible chokes you might want to bring a full for the talleywhacker. We would love to see some new shooters there. :eek:

lets give the Flintlocks a run for the money

Edited by topmaul

Flintlocks?? Huh??? Ok Flintlock!!! Better bring more ammo for that bottomfeeder or yours!!! :lolol: The stages haven't been determined yet...but I may have to throw in a curve or two!!!

Yeah...the match is on!!! We are setting up at 3pm on Friday...Registration is from 8am to NOON on Saturday!!!! Ammo requirements are 7.5 or smaller...that damn I94 is in the way and they frown upon getting showered with shot...go figure!?!?!

Soooo....It seems that my "flintlock" put some fear into some of the "advanced" shooters last month...not showing up this month...huh??? :unsure: That's Ok...I'll get you next month!!!

I was going to me nice and move the Tally-Whacker a bit closer for those of you that had a hard time spinning it...but now ...maybe not!!!

Anyway...a I understand that ya'll have committments...No sweat...I know that if you had the choice you would come and shoot!! See ya'll next month!!

As for the raffle...I have no tickets left. The drawing will be around NOON on Saturday, so if you bought a ticket...stay near your phone!!! I'll call you and tell you what I won!!! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

As for the 3-gun matches at Black Creek...all reports that I have gotten were positive...but they won't let me shoot my .308!!!! I'll get up there sometime....

See ya'll Friday and definately Saturday!!!

Put the talleywacker where ever you want I'm not afraid I have an advanced Russian shotgun!!!! And plenty of magazines!!! So do what ever you want we can handle it. :super::lolol: See you Friday to set up if I can get off work early if not see you Saturday :eek:

post-1114-1124061154_thumb.jpg

Edited by topmaul

Everyone I checked with last night could not make it. Got a couple more names but I'm not optimistic.

I'll likely not come by myself :(

On the brighter side, they have started an "all steel" match on Wed at black creek. this week there will be 56 pieces of steel. You can shoot it as pistol OR shotty. They are going to use this money to purchase more steel too!

Where's BlackCreek? Can you enter 2x and shoot pistol and shotty? :killer: One can never have too much practice, though the ammo may get expensive after a while.

Any news on the next 3-gun?

I'm still not sure about this weekend. I have to do 8 hours of driving on Sunday, so an additional 8 on Saturday could be tiring, not to mention gas prices are kickin' my a$$ in. Stupid gas.

I'll probably decide around Thursday and will post then.

Yup, gas $$ is a major concern here too.

BlackCreek is on the east side of Richmond. Bit far to go.

It's pretty loose on the rules, but yes you can shoot more than once. In fact they say $8 for first and second guns, all after that are FREE! But they also say show up when you can, get in line, and when the light fails they'll call it done.

Don't know what part of NC you are in, but it might be a bit of a drive for a smallish match.

I'm thinking I might shoot it 1. pistol 2. shotty 3. pistol+shotty heh.

With my current gear and no misses I can do it with 2 mag changes (and 1 gun change :) )

Flintlocks?? Huh??? Ok Flintlock!!! Better bring more ammo for that bottomfeeder or yours!!! :lolol: The stages haven't been determined yet...but I may have to throw in a curve or two!!!

Yeah...the match is on!!! We are setting up at 3pm on Friday...Registration is from 8am to NOON on Saturday!!!! Ammo requirements are 7.5 or smaller...that damn I94 is in the way and they frown upon getting showered with shot...go figure!?!?!

Soooo....It seems that my "flintlock" put some fear into some of the "advanced" shooters last month...not showing up this month...huh??? :unsure: That's Ok...I'll get you next month!!!

I was going to me nice and move the Tally-Whacker a bit closer for those of you that had a hard time spinning it...but now ...maybe not!!!

Anyway...a I understand that ya'll have committments...No sweat...I know that if you had the choice you would come and shoot!! See ya'll next month!!

As for the raffle...I have no tickets left. The drawing will be around NOON on Saturday, so if you bought a ticket...stay near your phone!!! I'll call you and tell you what I won!!! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

As for the 3-gun matches at Black Creek...all reports that I have gotten were positive...but they won't let me shoot my .308!!!! I'll get up there sometime....

See ya'll Friday and definately Saturday!!!

Well guys are we going to let him get away with this ?

Shooters,

Just a reminder about tomorrows (Sat) Tac-shotgun match...The COF's are setup...minimum round count is 109 !!! I suggest that you bring extra!!!

109 if you don't miss wow I can't wait to see how fast my Black Dragon can empty mags!!!

Well I'm as ready as I can get maybe a little more mag change practice.

Well the match cam and went, much like last time it was hot and humid in the upper 90's. We got there early, and looked thing over they had very intricate set up.

Eric and I both use Clinched eight rd mags with nine in them we have accepted the fact that we have to lock the bolt back or hold it back to load a fresh mag.

Eric blew the mirror off the car on the right side, that car was used as a prop, you had to shoot seven targets from the driver side out the passenger side window.

Then get out of the car and with your gun unloaded and take out four or five more targets

:cryss: I told them that he was not on my insurance, well when he is old enough to drive he can't take the Saiga :lolol:

I found the skeet very difficult maybe I need to break down and get my barrel threaded :unsure: The skeet came in fast and the tube guys could not reload fast enough, heck I could not reload that fast I missed every one of them. I really did not like this stage. But it really sucked if your shooting a tube fed shotgun those poor guys were screwed.

There was one stage where you had to shoot 35 targets wow on these long stages the Saiga shows it's inharent supperiority over the flintlocks I think I made up some time on that stage.

Unlike my son I had trouble with the tallywacker.

Wish more of you could have made it.

Saiga mag Clinchers who makes them I made one for my mine but they are a little loose. :chris:

I do love my Saiga :wub:

THE SECOND SAIGA FROM THE RIGHT....

Where did you get the Side Folding AK74 stock???

That is a nice gun!

PICT4357.JPG

Thank you very much. That would be me.

That is one of the Saiga 12c LEO import shotties (so the stock is factory original). Got lucky and picked it up a month or so after the ban sunsetted :)

Came with 2 LEO engraved 8 round mags.

When I first got it I shot a match and a bit of practice and decided I didn't like the short stock. I've kept it for "show and tell" but compete with the shotty due left of it.