Carolina trigger guard question

I purchased a conversion kit with the grip bolt hold attached to the trigger guard from CSS. I installed everything tonight but the middle bolt hole in the guard was not completely drilled through enough for the bolt to attach the guard to the receiver completely. It has about 1/16" to go. This in turn will not let my grip become flush with the receiver. I upgraded to the ATI grip and I did cut the bolt enough so it will attach solid. I also emailed CSS about it and am awaiting a reply. My question is, has anyone else had the same issue or a solution? I will admit this is my first conversion so maybe it's me. Do you think a washer should do the trick? My camera isn't charged for pics atm or else I would have posted some. Thanks to all who reply.

With some of the longer PG bolts I've ground off a few threads to get the PG flush with a DIY Trigger guard..

The AK PG nuts go through the receiver, so there's more room for the threads to go through with the AK nuts.

There was this weird small plastic PG with finger grooves that I recently had to shorten the Tapco PG nut & mill the slot in the PG wider for everything to fit together & go flush.

If it's one of the grips that uses the really short bolt on the upper inside of the grip, make a plate washer to act as a reinforcement plate (drill hole in small oval shaped piece of steel) & that'll take up your slack while reinforcing the grip.

I like to custom make & fit the grip reinforcement plates since every style of grip is different.

Fender washers are a great place to start for materials to make them.

The middle hole is not designed to be drilled all the way through. You need to shorten the long screw for the ATI grip another thread or so. That will allow it to not bottom out and pull the grip in tight.

Had the same issue. It's my favorite trigger guard, but a standard bolt won't do the trick. Went to Fastenal and picked up a box of Socket Head Cap Screws 6mm x 1 pitch, 90mm long. Their PN is 1139579 if I'm reading it right. Box of 50 was like $12 and change. Don't know what the hell I'm going to do with 50 metric bolts, but you can get them singly if you wait a day. The only issue I had was that the bolt's head was a hair wider than the hole it the Tapco grip I installed. 15 minutes of custom fitting with a dremel and it looks like it was made for it.