Stock from the conversion kit broke off the receiver

can someone please tell me why people shoot 3 inch mag shells out of their gun?what upside is there ?the downside is beating the gun to death and for what reason?i know people do it and i do not knock them for it,i just dont understand since they are usually only shooting targets.when their is a problem with the gun it seams like the culprit was 3 inch shells.what will a 3 inch shell do so much better on a target than 2/34 high brass?

Because I didn't buy my S-12 to shoot at paper targets with. I keep 3" 00 buck in it for HD, and sometimes when I don't feel like carrying my .450 Marlin, I'll load it with 3" slugs and carry it in the woods. And we have some large, nasty critturs around here. I don't see how it is beating my gun to death, since I am running the V-plug and the 3" shells won't even function on setting 1 or 2. I have to open it up to setting 3 to get anything to function. setting 4 works for most 2-3/4" buck/slugs, and I use setting 5 for birdshot. I actually want to have the gas system opened up a little so I can function 3" magnums on setting 1 or 2, and pick up some of the lower powered birdshot on the bottom end.

No matter how good products are you occasionally get a defective one and this happens. It is the first one we have seen out of several thousand buffer tube style adapters we have sold.

can someone please tell me why people shoot 3 inch mag shells out of their gun?what upside is there ?the downside is beating the gun to death and for what reason?i know people do it and i do not knock them for it,i just dont understand since they are usually only shooting targets.when their is a problem with the gun it seams like the culprit was 3 inch shells.what will a 3 inch shell do so much better on a target than 2/34 high brass?

You can't shoot low brass in it for practice all the time, otherwise when you come up against real zombies and you are "loaded for bear", the recoil is going to throw your shots off. You have to have some sense of what the shotgun will do when you are loaded up for real.

Frankly i enjoy shooting a variety of ammo through my s12 and as netpackrat mentioned earlier, using the right gas settings you wont beat the shit out of your gun. I have no damage to the trunion or any internal parts for that matter. I bought mine for home defense as well as the fact that its a fun and bad ass weapon. I keep an easily accessible mag loaded with alternating 3in 00 buck and slugs. But to each their own i suppose.

I keep 3" 15 pellet 00 loaded up for HD and my V Plug has to be on "2" to cycle. I use 3" because that's 150 .33 pellets down range in a matter of seconds, or over a pound of lead. Plus you want to know your gun will cycle your HD rounds, so you gotta take them out and shoot them. 3" shells won't beat the shit out of a properly regulated gun.

for those of you who plan to use the S12 as a HD gun.. ever shoot those 12gauges indoors or at least within a closed in setting.. might want to give it a try just to see what you are putting yourself up against.. in other words.. if after the first shot you are completely useless blind and deaf.. better make that first shot count and hope they didn't bring friends..

not "talking shit" just saying..

It was designed for 3" shells.

Larger payload. It's never beaten my gun to death, it's still in tip top condition, and I've had it for 7 years.

for those of you who plan to use the S12 as a HD gun.. ever shoot those 12gauges indoors or at least within a closed in setting.. might want to give it a try just to see what you are putting yourself up against.. in other words.. if after the first shot you are completely useless blind and deaf.. better make that first shot count and hope they didn't bring friends..

not "talking shit" just saying..

Not with a 12 gauge, but I have with my saiga 308 16" barrel. Not much of a problem.

Might be a good idea not to have some obscene brake on the gun if you plan on shooting indoors much. I'd rather just use a handgun for home defense, personally, unless something is bullpupped it's hard to get around indoors with a 18" barrel.

Edited by Tombs
  • Like 1
Not with a 12 gauge, but I have with my saiga 308 16" barrel. Not much of a problem.

Might be a good idea not to have some obscene brake on the gun if you plan on shooting indoors much. I'd rather just use a handgun for home defense, personally, unless something is bullpupped it's hard to get around indoors with a 18" barrel.

I prefer pistol caliber carbine.. but hey.. that's just me..