Anyone Use Ironwood Stocks on a S-12

My son and I just picked up a NIB S-12 at a gun show and since we love out AK's, we decided to make this S-12, (first of many) more reminisnt of the Wood covered AK's. I found Ironwood Designs has the Wood for the S-12 and ordered some, I should of checked here first to see if any of you Saiga owners have uses thier products before and what you thought of them? I just received all my parts for the FCG conversion and now Im waiting on the wood. Thanks in advance.

My son and I just picked up a NIB S-12 at a gun show and since we love out AK's, we decided to make this S-12, (first of many) more reminisnt of the Wood covered AK's. I found Ironwood Designs has the Wood for the S-12 and ordered some, I should of checked here first to see if any of you Saiga owners have uses thier products before and what you thought of them? I just received all my parts for the FCG conversion and now Im waiting on the wood. Thanks in advance.

This is Mr. Nathan's Ironwood furnished S-12 in my Russian Red high gloss finish & Dinzag's Upper gas tube / RSB system;

gallery_24913_702_995711.jpg

• Like 1

I purchased the Saiga Specific 4 piece stock set in laminated birch from Ironwood and after following Matt's instructions it came out absolutely gorgeous. I used Minwax Sedonna Red and Howards wax to help protect the finish. Tried all the furniture for fit and all seem to fit perfectly. Can not wait to get my parts back from Pauly so I can see it all put together. I highly recommend the Ironwood products.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but, what about the handguard retaining plate? Would I have to get one from dinzag? Or can I sue one from any ak?

The AK type presses over an AK barrel, so not really.

You can make one out of an AK's by first annealing the steel (otherwise it WILL break on you) then cutting off the part that circles the barrel, making a strip of steel from it, fitting the retainer to the stock & barrel then mocking it up to find & mark proper bracket location, then remove it, weld the strip so it'd be in the right place & then drill a hole for the screw, then re-harden it...

But seriously, for all the time & energy, you might as well buy it from Dinzag. It's guaranteed to look good, work right & be nicely finished.

• 4 weeks later...