a little help

Can't help with the quad rail.

I'm not sure what you mean about the gas plug question. My puck moves back and forth freely when everything is assembled and the bolt is locked to the rear (I can hear it slide too and fro). If your talking about the gas selector mine can be tightened down about a quarter inch past the #1 setting, then backed off to the #1.

It should lock where the indexing pin is once you select a setting; the pin should ride up and down and can be depressed with your finger, then rotate to the setting you want and if it does not come up, depress it a little more to free it.

I just double checked mine. It can acutally be tightend a quarter turn past the #1 setting when tightend all the way down. When I back it off to the #1 setting, there is rotational play with the selector. The indexing pin doesn't lock it up tight. I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be. The indexing pin lets it rock back and forth a little but keeps it from spinning.