BHO is stuck in the gun. Cant release charging handle

My charging handle got stuck after engaging the bolt hold open. I looked underneath the gun and realized the BHO went up the gun. How do i release the charging handle? I dont want to use the BHO anymore. Should i just take out both retaining pins to release the FCG?

Edited by defcon

I find this subject to be very interesting. If I understand correctly, the spring slipping off is the root of the problem?

Remove the receiver cover. Yes, it is very difficult to do with the bolt locked back, but not impossible. Push in the recoil assembly and remove the cover.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Thanks guys. I got it out in 10 minutes using different dental picks. I had to push it down towards the floor of the receiver. I did some more research in the archives and found others who had the same issue.

I drilled another notch into the bho plate and also bent it 6 o clock. Also installed a axis retainer plate.

Im ready to shoot this badboy now

Thanks guys. I got it out in 10 minutes using different dental picks. I had to push it down towards the floor of the receiver. I did some more research in the archives and found others who had the same issue.

I drilled another notch into the bho plate and also bent it 6 o clock. Also installed a axis retainer plate.

Had the same issue. On 2 guns took forever to fix. With pliers screwdrivers ect. Get n upgraded heat treated spring. I have no problems since

Im ready to shoot this badboy now