parts feedback?

Hello everyone.

My Saiga 7.62 is being delivered today, and I would love to have some feedback on the parts I'm planning to use for my conversion. All links are to sponsor websites. This is ok, right?

Trigger: Arsenal 2-Stage FCG

Spring: JTE Performance Power Hammer Spring

Bullet guide: not sure until I see the rifle?

Stock: ACE SKELETON 8.5" + CHEEK REST FOR ACE SKELTON STOCKS

Folding mechanism: Is there a combo Trunnion and folding mechanism? It would make sense but I can't find one. (something like this plus this)

Retaining plate

Retaining Spring

Trigger guard

Pistol grip + AK PG Nut & Screw, Drills, Hex Key & Hole Plugs

UTG quad rail (any feedback on this in particular?)

Trigger: Arsenal 2-Stage FCG Tapco G2 is easier to install and works well

Spring: JTE Performance Power Hammer Spring Not sure why you need this

Stock: ACE SKELETON 8.5" + CHEEK REST FOR ACE SKELTON STOCKS Sure if you like it

Folding mechanism: Is there a combo Trunnion and folding mechanism? It would make sense but I can't find one. (something like this plus this)

Retaining plate Get a red star from AK Builder

Retaining Spring Don't need

Trigger guard Reuse your old one

Pistol grip + AK PG Nut & Screw, Drills, Hex Key & Hole Plugs Get the grip, PG nut and screw all others are at home depot of lowes

UTG quad rail (any feedback on this in particular?) Heh if you like it

Hello everyone.

My Saiga 7.62 is being delivered today, and I would love to have some feedback on the parts I'm planning to use for my conversion. All links are to sponsor websites. This is ok, right?

Trigger: Arsenal 2-Stage FCG Have it on an AK74 and I like it, but not sure if i prefer it to a G2, depends if you want a double stage, the majority of AKMs are single stage

Spring: JTE Performance Power Hammer Spring Don't need this but some prefer it; myself I'll wait until I see a problem with the factory spring

Stock: ACE SKELETON 8.5" + CHEEK REST FOR ACE SKELTON STOCKS I have this stock and liked it a lot, I would recommend it the cheek rest is sometimes needed, other times paracord may suffice.

Folding mechanism: Is there a combo Trunnion and folding mechanism? It would make sense but I can't find one. (something like this plus this) I used the CSS receiver block and ace folder that required the tang to be removed, external block are typically frowned on as they are aesthetically unappealing to most. If you go the block route that requires you remove the tang just be sure you wont want it back later.

Retaining plate You can do without, but is often a suggested upgrade for cheap

Retaining Spring Covered when you got the plate

Trigger guard I do suggest a bolt on if you aren't handy with rivets a welder or just like the look of the offerings, really most work fine including the one you remove.

Pistol grip + AK PG Nut & Screw, Drills, Hex Key & Hole Plugs I like the Hogue grip although I feel the standard grip is stronger as the bolt runs the entire length whereas the hogue grip has a short bolt that relies more on the polymer strength without reinfocement from the bolt itself.

UTG quad rail (any feedback on this in particular?) I run the Chaos quad and love it and suggest you look into that and rails in general more; I will say a top and bottom rail are all you need, and one that doesn't clamp on the barrel which would effect reliability.

Edited by TARE

Thank you all for your input. has anyone tried to install an AK-007 RFS or BFS? are they worth the extra cost vs the ace? What is the installation like?

also, midwest industries has a hand guard that comes with a built-in aimpoint mount (ML2 MI-AKH-ML2), anybody try that? How is the zero retention?

Edited by Bside

Thank you all for your input. has anyone tried to install an AK-007 RFS or BFS? are they worth the extra cost vs the ace? What is the installation like?

also, midwest industries has a hand guard that comes with a built-in aimpoint mount (ML2 MI-AKH-ML2), anybody try that? How is the zero retention?

I don't have one but I've heard the Midwest industries with us palm optic mount is very sturdy and holds zero well

Hello everyone.

Trigger: Arsenal 2-Stage FCG

Spring: JTE Performance Power Hammer Spring

Stock: ACE SKELETON 8.5" + CHEEK REST FOR ACE SKELTON STOCKS

Retaining plate

Retaining Spring

Trigger guard

Pistol grip + AK PG Nut & Screw, Drills, Hex Key & Hole Plugs

UTG quad rail (any feedback on this in particular?)

dont really have much to compare to but the UTG Quad Rail is nice, I have it on mine and love it.

The JT spring is great, like the pull a lot better than factory

I wound up just purchasing a conversion kit from CSS came with the tapco G2 modified trigger, guard, buttstock, pistol grip and everything.

Nice complete kit.