molot 8rd mag adapter

Preface: I do NOT have an 8rd Molot to look at

So I was doing some thinking tonight about how available these 8rd Molot mags are and at almost 1/2 the price of Izhmash 8rd mags. The thought is to make a [] shaped mag lug adapter (milled from aluminum but could probably be injection molded with nuts) that slides over the top of the mag. It'd be held on by a threaded hole front and back and would require two countersunk holes to be drilled to hold it on.

ASSuming it would even fit, the key would be if it could eventually made inexpensively enough to make it worth doing, but with the going rate for non magwell 8rd'rs being ~$195 now.... might not be a bad idea being it wouldn't be a complicated part.

Probably not, but just something I thought about tonight and figured I'd share just in case someone that's capable is reading this and wanted to give it a shot.

if you are wanting to make a adaptor to make magwell mag into rock-n-locks you are better off spending the little extra on the rock-n-locks there is not enough material on the magwell mags to work with. I have saiga rock-n-locks and some VEPR 12 magwell mags and I don't see how it could work.JMO.

I bought two Vepr mags a month or two ago with out even having a magwell since then I bought a metal magwell for a VEPR from a guy on here who seem to be able to get the hard to come by items. I also PM'ed him this afternoon about two more of them he has for sale. And now that the import laws on shotguns have begun to change and they maybe allowing the import of VEPR 12's and the tactical 030 Saiga 12's the demand for the magwell mag will be going up and so will the price. Maybe.... this could be a double edge sword with the import laws changing they may be able to start importing factory S-12 mags rock-n-lock and magwell and then the price drops when there are more to be had so the mag that was worth $175 is now only worth $100 I would not mind the loss of money to be able to buy a case of factory mags. So I dont know witch mag would be the best bet for you to buy.

• Like 1