Bulgy Mags, some are tight and don't lock in

Just completed my first Saiga conversion today, and also received 10 magazines I ordered from JG Sales. They're all Circle 21 mags, plum or brown (kinda dark in here right now to tell). Out of the 10, 6 of them lock right in, and are solid to just a hair tight feeling.

The other four insert, but won't go past the latch. I've been searching around for the last half hour and couldn't find a topic about this, but I thought I had read one before.

I think the problem is that the sides of the mag that go up into the receiver are just slightly too wide. IIRC, the solution was to lightly sand the sides of the mag up there until they pop in. Is this correct?

(pics of the rifle tomorrow when I have good light)

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I wouldn't mess with the gun itself. As I mentioned, 6 of the mags fit in there real well, no wobble or anything (my WASR 10/63 wobbles like crazy).

I'd try shooting the 4 that don't fit well, but they don't latch in all the way. I bet they would fall right out!

Pictures added to the picture thread!

Edited by FrayAdjacent
  • 4 weeks later...