I've been in the market for a handgun for a while now, but haven't been able to decide on a Glock 17, Glock 19, Springfield XD(M) .45, or XD(M) 9mm.. A Cabelas near me had some great deals going on so I went in there on Black Friday to take a look. They had an all black Springfield XD(m) .45 for $669 and then $50 off. I signed up for the Cabelas rewards card and got another $25 off the purchase, then they said they only have the model on display (I looked it over really well.. perfect condition) and I spoke to the manager about getting a discount for the display model. He was too busy to deal w/ me much so he just said "ok we can take 10% off for it being the display". So I walked out of there paying $550 including tax. On top of that, Springfield is running a promotion right now where you get 3 extra magazines and an extra mag holster for free when you buy and XD or XD(m). So for $550 I got the gun, 5 magazines, 2 mag holsters, 3 backstraps, etc etc.. Not bad!

I pick it up tonight - can't wait!

Springfield-XDM945BHC-45_0317.jpg

Edited by CBR Shadow

Great deal.The Free mag promotion is worth an extra $60, so you really scored.

Picked up a NIB Springfield XD9 subcompact yesterday off TGT for a price so low that I won't even post it.

Cheaper then a used Taurus.

That's actually worth about $90-120 depending on mag price. The XDM is a premiere platform. I have owned thee (2 XDM 1 XD). Never had a single hiccup in any of them. Very accurate with a clean crisp trigger pull

Great score. I was verry pleased when I snagged the same package (with the extra mags promotion) for $599 from Gander Mountain last black Friday ('10). Although I had to get up at 4am and still paid more!

It is a solid platform, but I never shot that gun very well for some reason and ended up selling it earlier this year - everything for $525 so it held good value.

I figured to stick to my Glock 17 (with comp trigger) for IDPA and three gun, and ordered a custom 1911 for my .45 caliber.

Hopefully your better with it than I was!

Great deal.The Free mag promotion is worth an extra $60, so you really scored.

Picked up a NIB Springfield XD9 subcompact yesterday off TGT for a price so low that I won't even post it.

Cheaper then a used Taurus.

That's actually worth about $90-120 depending on mag price. The XDM is a premiere platform. I have owned thee (2 XDM 1 XD). Never had a single hiccup in any of them. Very accurate with a clean crisp trigger pull

I was going what they were selling for on the Springfield Amory website a few months back. For the XD series, mags were around $22 each then.

Strong work!

I took advantage of the savings as well. Today, while on the way home from work, I scored a brand new XDm 9mm 3.8" compact for $509.00 out the door! I'd been eyeballing these for a while, waiting for a deal. Now, on to the mag promo. Merry Xmas Honey!

No new XD/XDm here, but I did brave Black Friday at Academy Sports, to get a new Rossi 3" .357mag revolver for my wife.

Also scored a nice new Blu-Ray player from Sears, they opened at 4am, I got there at 0130am and was about 10th in line.