Battlefield Pickup Mags (Gulf War)

I just bought 10 30 round steel magazines that the owner said he had picked up on the battlefield during the First Gulf war. He said that they dame from the Nebuchadnezzar Division of the Iraqi Republican Guard. On inspection, they were wrapped in newspaper individually and were dirty (oil and sand) with spots of surface rust. I haven't looked at all of them yest, but the couple I did had Arabic numbering on the bottom that he said indicated the unit. After looking it up, I think the numbers were 866 reading right to left. I'll check the others more fully when I get home... just wanted to get some thoughts on "battlefield pickup" gear.

My intent was to just clean them up and use them, but is there some other value to them for what they are? I don't want to clean them up only to find that they were worth way more in their pickup state.

Thoughts?

As a recovering mag whore myself, I'd suggest you check on some of the other AKcentric websites that have specific sections for topics like Magazines.

There are people who are experts on identifying characteristics like country of origin, era, & other factors.

Some people might like 1 or 2 specifically for their Battlefield Pickup looking build, while others might like them simply to add one more "type" to their collection.

I saw one guy recently who was trying to sell his entire AKmag collection for $2300.

Good luck

Harv