Popped my S20 cherry ~ Review

Thought I'd share my 1st impression on the S20 since I've only ever shot S12's before.

It was my 1st time shooting 20ga shells too! Yeah Double cherry popper! lol

I started off with Rem Bulk Pak from Walmart (2-3/4" 7/8oz 1200fps).

The S20 put them down range no problem, and it seemed very pleasant to shoot. It kicks less than the S12, but I didnt feel like I'd lost alot of firepower with 20ga. It still seems to put alot of lead down range which is nice! After a few mags of slow fire I found myself testing the shotgun with some bump fire action. I BF'ed 5 mags in a row, & damn it spit the shells out fast! (OH yeah!) It shoot 100% & I was surprised at how easy it was to handle too!

Next up I tried some Rem 2-3/4" 5/8oz 1580fps Slugs.

The 20ga Slugs shot with considerably less recoil than 12ga 2-3/4" 1oz 1560fps slugs. It felt like a good 30+% less recoil shooting 20ga slugs.

The reduced recoil got me thinking about power, so I did a little research after shooting and found that a 20ga 5/8oz slug @ ruffly 1600fps = a .61cal / 273 grain bullet that produces over 900ft-lbs of energy at 50yards. Thats a decent amount of firepower!

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

All in all I think its a great shotgun. Its alot of fun to shoot.

Still though... I only ever bought a Saiga Shotgun for Brute Force Firepower. As much fun as the S20 is (and as powerful as it is) I still can't help to feel like I should have a S12 in my hands. If only 20ga Shells were cheaper (that would make a real difference to even the scales)! Even 410 shells are practically the same price as 12ga ...makes it seem as if I should just have a 12. "Personally" I'm still unsure if it's going to be a keeper for me, but Im gonna give the S20 two thumbs up anyways! FUN SHOTGUN!!! smile.png

You might think about the fact something killed by a .17 caliber is just as dead as something killed by an ICBM with a nuclear warhead. Dead is dead feeling more or less recoil or a louder bang doesn’t change the outcome of a well place shot.

• Like 1