Saiga 20 range/ammo report.

I love my S20! The manual had the settings on the gas plug backwards so I was having jams with the standard ammo on my first range trip but the magnum shells were working fine. I conferred with the saiga forums guru's and take the plug out and see that the 1 is for magnum and 2 is for standard.

Buy more ammo, go shooting. This thing will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Mine likes the Remington Game Load and Hi-velocity game loads, the green and tan box 8 and 7 1/2 cheap stuff, lo-brass on the 2 setting. It DOES NOT like the cheap Winchester white box with the red stripe. With the Winchester it would shoot the one in the chamber, extract the shell, not eject it, and feed one from the mag into the chamber. I would be left with a live one in the chamber and the fired one still held by the extractor. Other times it might fire the last 3 in the mag without a hitch but usually every mag of this stuff had problems.

I picked up a box of the Winchester AA black box and it fires fine on the magnum setting. It shot like a scalded dog with the AA shells.

It shot fine with Winchester black box 3" turkey loads I picked up on clearance.

The next time I have time at the range I will work more with the 2 3/4" ammo in the 3" mags with the followers reversed. It was hit or miss the times I've tried it so far.

Other than mg's and smg's I've fired, this has to be my favorite weapon.

For the concerned, every time I've fired it, it has been in a safe and/or approved area, and I didn't even try to bump fire it.

I've not patterned it yet or shot buck or slugs through it, just breaking it in and seeing what settings were needed for which loads. I've not fired any Federal through it yet.

Now that I know how much I like it, I need to find someone who wants to trade their Saiga 12 or 20 for my extra Rem 1100 12 gauge.

happy shooting,

jd1

• 2 weeks later...