Suppressor help?

Like the title said need some help on this. It would be my first form 1 buy so I have a few noob questions.

1. Can I buy one for my AR and use it on say my 22 pistols or is it married to one gun?

2. What is the deal with setting up a trust? advantage?

3. As I have never used one but would really like to get a good one, Any tips on brands, Would not mind spending a little more up front for some thing that will last or be quitter.

Thanks in advance JC.

Edited by JC GoF

1. You can use it on as many guns as it will fit and function on. You are registering the suppressor itself, not the gun(s).

2. One of the advantages of going through a trust is that other people can possess it without you having to be present (useful if you have family, friends or kids that you plan to let borrow / shoot it without you being around). You also don't need to get local sheriff to sign off on it if you use a trust, which is useful for certain areas where they refuse to sign NFA paperwork. And to my knowledge, your family also doesn't have to worry about transferring it and paying for another tax stamp on it, should something happen to you, as long as they are included in the trust. A trust can also be pricey to set up properly. Both of my NFA applications have been as an individual rather than a trust.

3. There are a ton of suppressors out there. Look them up, read reviews and watch videos. I just sent a form 4 off for a Silencerco Sparrow stainless .22lr suppressor.

Silencerco will be revealing their new 5.56 Saker suppressor at SHOT in a few weeks and they promise that it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread in the world of rifle suppressors. Check out there website @ Silencerco.com. No pics have been posted of the new 5.56 Saker suppressor yet, but it has my interest.

Edited by KC913
  • Like 1

Like the title said need some help on this. It would be my first form 1 buy so I have a few noob questions.

1. Can I buy one for my AR and use it on say my 22 pistols or is it married to one gun?

2. What is the deal with setting up a trust? advantage?

3. As I have never used one but would really like to get a good one, Any tips on brands, Would not mind spending a little more up front for some thing that will last or be quitter.

Thanks in advance JC.

Answers...

1. Yes, you can buy one that will thread on to your AR and .22 pistols since they both use a 1/2x28TPI thread pattern. However, most good 5.56 caliber rated cans will need a special break to make them more effective.

2. Sounds difficult but really isn't. Advantage...lets you have multiple people that can possess the item without you being present (Especially helpful if married). +1 to KC913 for his response...also read this entire thread for more info: http://forum.saiga-1...nfa-or-a-trust/

3. Google search Major Malfunctions Suppressors. I recently heard an HTG Aries can and it was hearing safe with factory ammo.

Hope this helps,

MCASSgt New River

You can buy supressors integrated into the gun. Unless you buy one of those you can remove the suppressors and mount it on another gun if you have the right threads or the quick-attach device on it.

You can shoot .22 along with 5.56. .22 rimfire is filthy, plan to clean the can a lot more if you use it for .22 in addtion to 5.56.

Trusts are good, but they are not assured to get transfered to your heirs tax free. The guy who did mine said that the ATF sometime allows it, but they probably shouldn't, so the bank account that the trust has (and yes, you need one) should keep enough money to pay for the form 4 transfers when you die.

I have a Surefire can. It works fine but it was pretty expensive. There are a lot of other good ones these days if you don't want to pay their prices.

• Like 1