saiga's in 223 shooting low (3 iof them)

Years after buying them and having them out once to the range i deceided to lazer bore sight in my 3 saiga's in 223 that are shooting low at 100yds. With two of them adjusting the front sight horzontally and down they both adjusted right in. With the third one i found the front sight canted a tad. I need to pull the pins on the front sight and move it someday. Since i can't adjust it that far i planned on scoping one anyhoo so its scoped and lazer sighted in for now. My point is eye ball the front sight before you purchase the saiga to make sure its not canted.

All 3 of my saiga's in 308 came sighted in already at 100yds. Its funny my 223 saiga's didn't. I finally purchased a lazer bore sighter what a tool to have.

Edited by Unknown Poster

Mine shot a bit high at 100yd with sight at 100m mark, dead on at 200, same sight mark. FSB is coming off soon and a Pilad 4x32 with Rangefinding reticle is on the way, so left it alone.

Nice if your rifle comes zeroed but it seems sort of silly to me to expect them to remain that way, depending on ammunition used, barrel break-in, etc.

A lazer bore sight is by no means an actual zero. Its just meant to get on the target, actual zero needs to be sighted in by firing rounds and matching poa to poi.

l dont use lazer bore sights just because l dont want to jam something down the delicate crown of my rifles. Maybe this is a misinterpretation on my part and you have verified your zero with live fire, if so ignore.

Years after buying them and having them out once to the range i deceided to lazer bore sight in my 3 saiga's in 223 that are shooting low at 100yds. With two of them adjusting the front sight horzontally and down they both adjusted right in. With the third one i found the front sight canted a tad. I need to pull the pins on the front sight and move it someday. Since i can't adjust it that far i planned on scoping one anyhoo so its scoped and lazer sighted in for now. My point is eye ball the front sight before you purchase the saiga to make sure its not canted.

All 3 of my saiga's in 308 came sighted in already at 100yds. Its funny my 223 saiga's didn't. I finally purchased a lazer bore sighter what a tool to have.

The 223 cartridge has a very flat trajectory so boresighting is almost useless unless optics are used. Also poi will vary according to the ammunition used and bullet style. There are many different FMJ designs and some are more ballisticly efficient in flight than others. Barnaul (Monarch and Bear ammo) seem to have a very sleek profile and the bullet's length is longer than any other .223 FMJ bullet I have seen yet. The bullet length is over .700" long. In most cases over .200" longer than American made bullets.

Try Federal .223 and the Federal American Eagle Tactical (XM193) will have a higher poi than some of the Russian ammo.

Different ammo will shoot to a different poi most of the time as long as the bullet itself and the rifle don't have any issues with eachother.