Another Saiga .223 Conversion Satisfaction Story

Over the holidays I finally got my Renegadebuck adapter installed on my Saiga .223, as well as putting the trigger group where it belongs. I had installed a Tapco T-6 buttstock with Saiga configuration pistol grip previously and already had a bullet guide installed. Looking to install an Ace style adapter/folding stock, possibly different front stock/hand guard, threaded muzzle later. Pics below show the AR adapter in the first and a steel Galil mag in the second. The grinding necessary for the adapter install had an unexpected benefit: unmodified Galil mags now fit and work w/o removing the material on the front of the Galil mags. Still need a bullet guide for the Galils, but not needed when using only AR adapter/mags.

post-26538-0-20545800-1326334943_thumb.jpg

post-26538-0-29213700-1326334967_thumb.jpg

is that a beech wood grip painted black?

No, it is a plastic aftermarket grip, made in USA. Don't know the make, came with a stock set I traded for.

I did make a rear grip for my AMD-65 out of oak and painted it, came ot pretty good, but paint wasn't a good match for the original. I wrapped it with black rubber (strips from bicycle tube) and it has a great feel, looks good. I plan to wrap the front grip as well.

Edited by wpflgun