Saiga 12 Ct compliant?

Connecticut-legal? That's a new one on me...

922r is a federal requirement for 'non-sporting' imported firearms. Your Saiga was imported in a sporting configuration (meaning not more than 5 rounds in the magazine and no pistol grip). As soon as you put a high-capacity magazine into the weapon, it's not sporting anymore, so you need to comply with 922r and have 10-or-fewer foreign-made countable parts.

I personally discourage using magazines for compliance, since that limits you to what you can use (legally). Plus, you can do some things using US parts for maximum reliability with any ammunition. My recommendation for 922R compliance in the Saiga shotgun is US-made furniture and trigger group. This puts you at 10 countable foreign parts, not messing with magazines, gas puck, or operating rod. You *may* desire to use a different puck for better reliability, and some people have replaced their operating rods with high-strength versions, but those are not required for compliance if you just replace the trigger group and furniture.