Unconverted 223 trigger slap

I have a new 223 and I have read about trigger slap particularly with older wasrs. I seem to be getting something similar with my unconverted saiga, but have been unable to find any info on it. Has anyone experienced this? Every few rounds I will get a noticeable tingling/ very mild pain in

my trigger finger. Not a big deal, but I would like to know if this is normal with this trigger and if there is a way to fix it without conversion.

Trigger slap is not normal for the Saiga 223. Not sure how to get rid of it with the linkage in the stock imported trigger.

Are you holding the trigger back or releasing it with each round? Just trying to see how you shoot and figure out where in the pull the slap is.

I don't think I am holding it back, but the bolt probably cycles before I release my finger. Should I send it back to the importer and ask for a different one?

No, you should convert it and enjoy a nice clean, crisp trigger. It will better balance the rifle too. They are nose heavy from the factory. The factory trigger is notoriously rough because of the odd linkage.

I'm not concerned about the roughness at this point. I have shot a converted saiga and it was nice, but I am not ready to convert. I would prefer to figure out what ( if anything) is causing the trigger "slap" (if that is what this is). Maybe it isn't as much slap as just feeling the bolt cycling... I dont know ...Anyways-- keep the suggestions coming. I am interested to see if anyone else has experienced / fixed this.

Options. . .1. Return the gun and see if the new one does not have the problem. 2. Do a trigger replacement with out converting. 3. Do a conversion. 4. Wear padded finger glove on your shooting hand. 5. Try not hold the trigger back any longet than you need to send one down range,

Thanks . I don't even know if that is actually the problem. To replace the factory trigger group would be a pain because somehow I would have to replace the pins that you have to drill out to remove the trigger.. I am debating sending it back and see what ussg/eaa says. I don't mind the trigger that much but the vibration/slap is annoying. $20 to mail it and hope they fix it or $60 to convert it....hmmm

Edited by mothrgoosr

Trust me. Convert it. It's so much better.

+1 for this. I was in the "I don't think I'm gonna convert it" camp for a few months after I got my Saiga 223. I did eventually convert it and it is a totally different gun. The Tapco G2 is much better than the factory trigger group and having the pistol grip in the spot that it was designed for is awesome, the gun is much more natural to handle.

If it's $20 to ship the gun back and maybe you get it fixed vs. $60 to convert it and definitely get it fixed (plus all the other benefits of converting) I'd say the conversion is a no-brainer.

I think you will enjoy your rifle a LOT more after you get that wolf out of it's sheep's clothing.

Personally, I couldn't wait to get the conversions done. (I have the .223 and 7.62x39). The rifles handle much better once converted. And, those Tapco G-2 FCG's are great. A vast improvement over the factory triggers.

What about grinding the "tail" off the disconnector? The tail hitting the trigger body is what used to cause slap on older WASRs. If the same thing is happening between the Saiga disconnector and the sear. It shouldn't be too hard with a rotary tool or even a hand file.