I recently just picked up a 30 round drum clip for my 410 and as you could imagine it is getting quite expensive to shoot. I was wondering what some cheap rounds were that were good to go with and the average price of 25 per box. Also, is it cheaper to reload your own 410 shells, I have heard both that it is and isnt.

Welcome to the forum.

I feel your pain, I was thinking about a slidefire stock and 30 round drum... But then I remembered the first time I shot my 410 I went through 150rds in 20min. Bump firing a drum sounds like a great way to spend $4 as second. The cheapest ammo that I can find seems to run about 62 cents a round.

I don't know how reloading 410 could not be cheaper, but most buckshot has rolled crip which often splits and cant be reloaded. My once fired shells will not fit back in the chamber. In another thread a member mentioned resizing the brass, which I have never heard of resizing shotgun shells, but I don't know much about it either.

Good luck.

Perhaps he was referring to reloading Golden Bear shells.

You have to be really creative to reload golden bear shells. They don't have a traditional primer pocket and I wouldn't think you could resize steel. There was a guy on here once who said he figured out a way to do it, but you had to drill a hole for the new primer.

Ammo cost really cut into how much I could practice with and enjoy my 410, and I couldn't see a reasonable solution. I ended up selling it and rebuilding my collection around relatively cheap and readily available (always at Walmart) formats: 22lr, 9mm, 12 gauge, and .223/5.56. I'll cough up for 308 for deer hunting.

I picked up some Kemen brand (made in Spain) .410 7.5 shot 2.5" shells for $6 a box of 25 at a local outdoor store. Cheapest I have found. Some of the brass swells and are a little hard to get out of the Judge, but it is heck of a lot cheaper for target practice and training purposes. Have no idea if it would cycle in a Saiga or not, but that is about the same price as Wally World bulk.

I picked up some Kemen brand (made in Spain) .410 7.5 shot 2.5" shells for $6 a box of 25 at a local outdoor store. Cheapest I have found. Some of the brass swells and are a little hard to get out of the Judge, but it is heck of a lot cheaper for target practice and training purposes. Have no idea if it would cycle in a Saiga or not, but that is about the same price as Wally World bulk.

2.5" is good for the 4 round factory mag, that's about it.