Got a gas tube for my conversion, is it broke?

So I got this gas tube a while back from CSS and just got around to looking at it. First there is this dent...

gastubedent.jpg

I'm not sure if that dent is so post to be there or not. I try and put it in anyways but what happening with it is that little block that holds it in well its digging into the gas tube before it will turn all the way. Here's a pic...

gastube.jpg

See the shiny part that is where that block was digging into the gas tube. I assume I can just stone it down a little without damage? Also is there anyway to use that spring on the factory gas tube that keeps it from rattling on the new gas tube?

Here's another shot. Looks FUBAR to me :( I hope CSS will help me out...

bentq.jpg

Edited by Fahrenheit

Da comrade, the part that holds the upper hand guard in place is definitely bent. You can (and nearly always have to) file the tube so that the locking lever will close. Just don't bother to do so on this one because it would still be bent. Don't worry about CSS, they will stand behind what they sell. This part just happened to slip by QC in Bulgaria or wherever.

I seem to recollect wondering if the spring would fit too at some time but don't think it will, at least not without a hassle. When you get your new unbent tube, just file a little at a time until the lever locks in tight. Be careful, don't overdo it, and you will have a nice snug fit.