Newly converted Saiga drops ProMag after first shot

This is my first Saiga, just converted, all parts are from CSS, including a bullet guide (BG). I did not fire the weapon prior to converting. I went to the range today, loaded up my ProMag 5.45X39mm mags. and proceeded to shoot, however, after the first round the magazine fell out of the receiver and hit the ground. So, I thought maybe I didn't click it in place, so I tried firing it again, same thing, it hit the ground. I picked up the magazine off of the ground (along with my pride) and tried again, this time holding the magazine and it jammed. So I removed the magazine, and noticed, the round was stuck on the BG. Has anyone seen this? I've seen some posts about some issues with the ProMags...could it be the magazines, BG, etc.....Any comments or suggestions, please! Thanks!

Surplus mags are still available at a reasonable price $15-$20, I would suggest using those, or at least get one and see what it does compared to your pro mags.

Do you have any suggestions where I can find these? Thanks!

Try J&G sales, Rguns, What A Country, 44mag, or RRC firearms

Edited by YodaMaadi

Surplus mags are still available at a reasonable price $15-$20, I would suggest using those, or at least get one and see what it does compared to your pro mags.

Do you have any suggestions where I can find these? Thanks!

There should be a recent thread in the 5.45 section.