FTE problem post conversion

Ok, I have gone through all the threads and haven't found anything that helps. I may have overlooked something though, if that is the case I appologize for this thread.

Heres the situation, I worked on the new saiga when I first got it. It was cycling cheap wal-mart ammo just fine. Did the conversion and had it refinished, then it won't eject. Sometimes it will try to, but doesn't quite make it. I have reprofiled hammer, bolt and carrier and all have been polished. I have tried turning the gas port adjustment knob clockwise to almost 2 again, this helps but doesn't fix the problem. Gas ports are clear, nothing seems to bind. I have tried everything to no avail.

I didn't want to change the recoil spring as I would prefer not to have to change out when I shoot high brass. I did run across one post that suggest welding the gas vent on the left side of the external gas block shut,what do you think?

There are 3 clear ports on this rifle, I haven't changed out the plug, but have not had too on other conversions.

Any thoughts appreciated

Got it! i dont know what happened at the finishers, but after looking closer at it the barrel on the inside of the reciever, where the bolt extration arm fits into the barrel had been hit dropped, IDK. Anyway it was binding up the bolt. Free as a bird now though, rockin' and rollin'.

Thanks for the imput though.

• Like 1