I am doing an almost complete conversion for an AK-103 clone, and I'm wondering what the best way to remove the retaining pins from FSB and GB. My saiga is about 8 years old from when I purchased it...so there is no dimples, strictly retaining pins. I've had a go with the vice and punches, but I feel like a press is almost a must to remove those suckers. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any tips on pressing OFF a gas block? Not dimpled or pinned, just a gas block that has been pressed on, but needs to come off? I've been searching the forums like crazy trying to figure out a way. The standard press plates that came with my 12 ton press just dont latch on good enough, and the whole thing tries to press down at an angle.

I dont know how to get bar stock and to drill through it to set up some kind of jig. Anyone know of where to get one?

Anybody have any tips on pressing OFF a gas block? Not dimpled or pinned, just a gas block that has been pressed on, but needs to come off? I've been searching the forums like crazy trying to figure out a way. The standard press plates that came with my 12 ton press just dont latch on good enough, and the whole thing tries to press down at an angle.

I dont know how to get bar stock and to drill through it to set up some kind of jig. Anyone know of where to get one?

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93374&highlight=rforbus

That may be something you're looking for.

Any tips to get off a gas block off a chopped up bulgy ak74 barrel?