Draco Quad Useable On Mini?

I found a Mini Draco Quad but it was pretty high in price, then I found this:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1288/Draco-Quad-rail-AK47/Detail

I email Greg at Carolina, but he was uncertain about it working or not.

So anybody know any reason it's not readily adaptable? I'm willing to cut a bit off to make it shorter..but the pictures don't tell me much about the particular mounting method it enlist. Anybody have any experience with these? Thanks in advance for the help!

bottom should be fine, you'll have to do ALOT of fitting, but if you have the tools and time the bottom should be fine.... the top on the other hand.... thats gonna take some fancy work to make useful... You might have better luck with one of the extruded poly ones or something.....look at the top covers of the Hogue set for what i'm meaning.... dosent matter how short you cut it, its still the same thing and should still work.

hell do something new and unique... Contact Jay at Fuglystick, get you some measurements and have a custom draco fugly made... replace gas tube with cut down Ultimak and call it good... it'll do everything you'll ever need and look 1000% bad ass.... but hey... thats just my thoughts LOL, YMMV

Unique is cool if you DIY...or dream up something competely revolutionary..but at the end of the day a rail is a rail. It's purpose is to be covered with other shit..So back to price point having somebody custom CNC me a part isn't going to save me dick. I'd be better just to buy the $125 one and have it now. But I'm not on any shedule of time..I've got lots of free time. and tools. I've got a machine shop but no CNCs. Everything is engine/manual, so complex cuts are really difficult..(anything outside of X Y axis). Stil I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel, so the path of least resistance is what I'd like to find. Thank you for the info Datrwol.

I had a modified lower rail on my mini for awhile. If the rail attaches to the barrel (like many do) you can cut it to fit and you'll be good to go. If you must attach it with one screw like the hotdog bun you might want to rethink it.

Mine was one that had the stripped out screw and when I enlarged and rethreaded it to take a bigger screw I ended up stripping the other screw too. Obviously cheap steel hardware.

I did a bit of research on rails before I even picked the mini up. Many examples I seen used a regular AK rail set up and cut it to fit. The top rail usually has a big "U shape" cut to go around the FSB.

Have a few different examples saved that I can send you if interested.

• Like 1