MD Arms V Plug ... for SAIGA 410???

My SAIGA 410 conversion is coming along nicely... bad_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to its completion -- but it takes time to get EXACTLY what you want (which isn't a bad thing).

Anyway, I'm strongly considering buying/using/installing a "MD ARMS V PLUG" at the end of my gas block.

My question to you fellas out there, is, DOES THE MD ARMS V PLUG FIT/WORK (PROPERLY) IN THE SAIGA 410???

The reason I ask is that it seems it's specifically made for the S12, and might be designed for only 12-gauge shells.....

Also, if anyone knows, how much further does the V PLUG stick out than the original factory plug???

On a side note, I'm also strongly considering throwing in an ETAC SAIGA TWISTERPUC (STANDARD) GAS PISTON -- it looks like a good design, and I'm all about keeping the gas block clean!

Anyone had any experience with this part?

Last of all, thanks for all the replies that y'all posted before. This forum is really a great resource, and it's nice to receive advice and hear stories from other guys who share an equal enthusiasm for our favorite toys.

The Vplug will fit and work well in the 410. The Etac twister puc should be avoided as there are better choice that actually help the gun instead of hurting it.

This http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1054/MD-ARMS-BOOSTER-PUC/Detail?sfs=5a965cf2

or http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-966/Saiga-12-gas-piston/Detail?sfs=5a965cf2

Thanks for replying, guys.

Okay, it sounds like the V PLUG is a good investment.

It also sounds like the MD ARMS puck is a good choice too.

Question: How is it that the E-Tac Saiga TwisterPuc (Standard) Gas Piston is not a good choice and/or can "damage" the gun???

If I do invest in a new/different puck/piston, I definitely want to make the right choice...

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks for replying, guys.

Okay, it sounds like the V PLUG is a good investment.

It also sounds like the MD ARMS puck is a good choice too.

Question: How is it that the E-Tac Saiga TwisterPuc (Standard) Gas Piston is not a good choice and/or can "damage" the gun???

If I do invest in a new/different puck/piston, I definitely want to make the right choice...

Thoughts? Ideas?

Nechromius, I do not know. If CSS says to stay away from it, I would. You can buy from anyone and they know that. They are just giving you their knowledge of the situation. They deal with ALOT of people and have a very solid reputation. I think I bought my parts from the Saiga 12 EStore. Or maybe one at Saiga 12 and one from CSS. I really like the way my 410 performs now. I screw a choke on it and hunt with it and can also run it without a choke full of buck shot. Man it really delivers the lead.

Post this question in the Saiga 12 section for a better response from the forum. Most people look there. We had nothing but complaints from all the customers that had them.

• 2 weeks later...

A heads-up for those with the "old-style" .410s - I just received a V-plug (from CSS, naturally) and it will NOT fit mine, dated '99. It has the plug that looks like a giant slotted screw, and a solid piston, though it does have the sliding dust shield and lengthened dust cover cutout. The V-plug is quite a lot too large to fit - so is the MD piston/puck. The calipers show the old puck to be .727" OD X .552" long, the MD puck being .826" OD X .593". The V-plug OD is larger by about the same amount, including the threads.

I plan on doing some gas system modifications, though, so I should be able to use the parts still.