Tapco G2 uneven trigger legs, WTF?????

On the right side of my Tapco trigger ( side closest to safety lever when installed) there is a raised part on the trigger leg, it is right where the hammer spring rests, it will amost stay on the raised part but ends up on the level part. Anyway, I think it was causing the hammer spring to come of the trigger leg and binding up the trigger. I think I might dremil it flat, but was wondering what the purpose of this could be. Is it an older "model"? Does anyone know why it would be like this or has anyone seen this before? The other trigger leg is level all the way back like all other G2's I have seen.

post-35031-0-96138000-1331352649_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The raised portion is there for a reason. I would not recommend removal.

The raised part of the right trigger leg is the contact point for the safety. Filing it down may cause your safety not to work and require that you find a new safety with a longer trigger contact leg. Check the interface between your current trigger and the safety carefully at different positions.

The raised part should not intefere with the spring which should ride on the level part just in front of the raised portion. The raised portion actually helps keep the spring from moving backwards along the arm.