FTE With 4 Functional Gas Ports

Success!

As a side note, my buddy carefully filed off the burrs on the top of the barrel that were left from drilling but we were unable to take care of the ones that poked down into the inside. I forgot about them when I went to fire and now from what I can tell, they are mostly (but not all) gone, and fortunately the barrel is not marred by them being pushed out by the shot/wadding. Does anyone have a tip to remove the burrs from the inside of the barrel?

I use a Dremel sanding disc attached to a cleaning rod with tape to carefully remove the burrs down inside the barrel...go slow and make sure you securely fasten the tip to the cleaning rod.....I am sure there are other ways, but that was pretty easy solution for me.

I had good results with a Hoppes wire "brush" for shotgun cleaning. It doesnt have bristles so much as spiraled loops of wire, so the end of the wire is never scratching the bore and the wire is steel. This is a good brush for lead build up too. sliding the drill bit in and out smoothly while running the drill should get most of the burrs.

• 2 weeks later...