FN SCAR 17 + ammo and homemade desiccant packets

I went ahead and bought some food for my FN-awesome SCAR 17. I kept a bunch to shoot and wanted to store some long term.

Heres what I did. Each ammo can can hold 400 rounds, so each can I put in 3 100 rounds bags and 2 50 round bags and tossed in a couple d

packets for good measure. The bags are half way vac sealed with a food saver with 2 d packets inside. The desiccant packets I made.

I went to wally world and bought 100 tea packets for $3, and I already had 900 grams of silica gel beads from a few years back which were bright

pink when I put them in the oven for 4 hours to recharge. I then sliced open every tea bag, poured out the tea and filled them with the gel beads

which were bright blue by the time I took them out of the oven, then stapled them close. It was a huge pain in the ass, but worth the effort.

I think my ammo will keep for a long long time.

Check it out!

Silica

SCAR

Cans

Ammo

Edited by GREYLUPO

I use Tidy Cat (silica) crystals poured about a cup full into nylon panty hose stockings that are knotted off at about a five inch lengths, and tossed into my ammo cans. About every four months, I take them out and throw them in my dehydrater for a few hours to dry them.

Love that rifle......red_heart.gif

What optic are you planning on running?

Thanks man, I love it too lol! Ive had lots of rifles over the years, M1As, FALs,HK 91s, this beats them all. Its light, and the recoil is on par with an AK. I was even lucky enough to get a few extra mags which are hard to find now.

I plan on running an Aimpoint micro T1 4 moa with a magnifier

that rifle is badass sir! i want one badly, but dont have sufficient funds. good choice of optics too.

Thankyou!

I had to say goodbye to my saiga 12, my FAL, 2 mosins, a remmy 700 and a couple knives to help pay for it lol. NO REGRETS.