Someone has tried this, right?

Okay, there are 1:1 scale airsoft SVD rifle out there, starting around $100. Some have polymer stocks/grips/guards, some have fake wood, others have real wood?

Has anyone tried modifying the front guards to fit on any Saiga, to get a closer Dragunov SVD/Tigr appearance?

Can't find any references to this anywhere?

From what I have read (on here) the Airsoft stuff wont stand up to the recoil and brake.

For "looks" it might be OK, but I shoot my firearms a lot and dont want stuff brakeing.

Okay, there are 1:1 scale airsoft SVD rifle out there, starting around $100. Some have polymer stocks/grips/guards, some have fake wood, others have real wood?

Has anyone tried modifying the front guards to fit on any Saiga, to get a closer Dragunov SVD/Tigr appearance?

Can't find any references to this anywhere?

Believe me, if it was reasonable or intelligent to use air soft stuff on an ak I would be doing it now. The price difference is amazing and Im a cheap ass. It sucks that airsoft shit sucks, but it sucks on real guns.

Its not worth the money you spend on it, especially for a real rifle.

Its a gamble man allot of people started looking to the airsoft market especially when the .22 clones really got big. Anyway some have had success and well others have not. I think allot of the success factory is the luck of the draw and how you modify the parts to fit the orignal rifle. If you go that route good luck and let us know.