MD Molot grip to Tromix Firearm Hardware

I purchased a MD Arms Molot grip for my S12 approx 2 years ago. It came with a 1/4x20 x2 1\8 inch stainless Fillister Head bolt.

I purchase another grip for my Tromix .308 and it comes without hardware. I had no luck with CSS, through emails to help me with the hardware needed.

Tony welds a stud to the bottom of the reciever. On that stud is a coupler nut (holding the grip to the reciever) The cap on the bottom of the Molot grip is held onto the grip with the hardware I need (into the other side of the coupler nut)

Can anyone help? Willing to purchase or trade a Saw grip for the bolt.

The pictures suck (cell phone pics) and I dont have a micrometer to give better dimensions

Thanks

post-22193-0-28184000-1333043306_thumb.jpg

post-22193-0-71484400-1333043316_thumb.jpg

post-22193-0-34277800-1333043327_thumb.jpg

post-22193-0-74772000-1333043469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga Power

Im confused, what do you need? An AK grip screw?

Yes the screw that holds the cap onto the bottom of the grip

Every hardware store I went to has a head that is too big

post-22193-0-87713300-1333045049_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga Power

Im confused, what do you need? An AK grip screw?

Yes the screw that holds the cap onto the bottom of the grip

Every hardware store I went to has a head that is too big

You need this?

p_100006316_1.jpg

Sorry, Im slow. I think I have an extra I can send you. It should fit in any MD molot grip as that is all I run on my AKs. will this help you?

Also if your problem is the screw not fitting into the MD screw hole, you can always dremel out the hole to make it big enough to accept the screw head size. Still not sure if im getting it.

Tony welds a stud to the bottom of the receiver. He puts a coupler nut onto the stud (this holds the grip to the receiver). The screw I am missing goes into the other side of the coupler nut and basically just holds the cap onto the bottom of the grip.

That looks like it could work. How long is it? You say that is what you use on your MD Molot grips? I will pay you for it.

It long enough to reach. I only run MD grips on my ak's/ S12 and all the grip screws work fine with the MD grip. No need to pay me. Just PM me the address you'd like it sent to and Ill try and get it out today, if not tomorrow. Not sure how long it is. I can measure at lunch if you like?

Missed one of your suggestions. Yeah thought about dremmeling the hole larger (as a last resort), but I was hoping to do it with the right hardware.

That would be great. Thanks!

My only concern is if it is longer than 2 1/8 it wouldnt work. The photo you posted shows a nut that is closer to the receiver. This coupler is over 3\4 inch long. So my threaded connection sits out further from the receiver than yours.

Missed one of your suggestions. Yeah thought about dremmeling the hole larger (as a last resort), but I was hoping to do it with the right hardware.

That would be great. Thanks!

My only concern is if it is longer than 2 1/8 it wouldnt work. The photo you posted shows a nut that is closer to the receiver. This coupler is over 3\4 inch long. So my threaded connection sits out further from the receiver than yours.

ahh, not sure it will work then. Grip screws are 3-5" long. Hmmmm. Let me measure. Get back to you.

The coupling nut is 1/4-20. An AK grip screw isn't going to work.

You need a 1/4-20 Socket Head Cap Screw. They make them in black. You should be able to get one at Lowes or ACE hardware.

Tony

I tried ACE and Busy Beaver with no luck. I will try Lowes and Home Depot next

The one I purchased from ACE has a head that is too large (without breaking out the dremmel)

Headed out to Lowes in 5. Thanks for the help\suggestions.

Tony- Thanks for the name of the head type....this will help

Well bought four different bolts. Tried them all. Couldnt get the angle to mate up with the coupler because this grip doesnt sit as far up toward the trigger as on my S12 (trigger guard is set a little further back towards the stock). Got the bright idea to drill a little bit of an angle on the hole on the grip....Fucked it up....tossed it in trash.....reinstalled Saw grip...>>>>>>The End

Cut that stud off the receiver and cut a square hole for a traditional pistol grip nut, then install a traditional AK grip screw from CSS and voila, problem solved.

I'm going on a limb here but i'm guessing Tony installs the grip "studs" solely because of production time....

I like the stud, but it isnt the same distance from the trigger guard on the .308 that it is on the S12. That causes the angle to be slightly off for the bolt that has to hold the cover on the bottom of the Molot grip

• 4 weeks later...