Help with parts list and prices

I am getting my 5.45 saiga tomorrow and i am not sure what will be more cost efficient for me to do my convesion. I already have a stock set, no retainer

Whole parts kit is $185+$12 shipping= $197 cheapest i found unless someone has a better lead.

1-I am wondering if buying only the parts i need will be best

2- what parts are they?

3-where too look?

Thanks

The most cost efficient thing for you to do is really think about what you want to do with your 5.45. Is it going to be a battle rifle? or mabye for HD or just a range shooter, or are you gonna take over the world? It all depends on what style you want> tactical: quadrails, ar folder stock, lights and bipods and such.

5_edited-2.jpg?t=1294774350

post-28515-0-93382500-1300707020_thumb.jpg

IMAG0395-1-1.jpg?t=1315369199

Or do you want to go classic: and just have the standard setup, 74 style handguards and scope mount, 74 FSB and brake?

SGL31_Plum_001.JPG

SGL31_Laminate_004.JPG

Or maybe a little of both:

IMG_3276.jpg

Its all about what you want to do. I suggest scrolling through all the pic threads and get a good idea what you want to do with it.

Good luck.

AZG

i want to go classic. See the one with red furniture, third from bottom on the fence? That is exacly what i want.

Thanks

Well then, the authentic really nice stuff in that picture, you'll probably have to go with rusmilitary. for sling, mag, and furnature That is where I got my set and they run about $300 NEW!. Now you can always find cheaper sets but the finish wont be as nice.

MarkW1 sells the 74 style FSB and brakes in the WTS section. you, can also pick up a AK gas tube, gas block with lug, cleaning rod, trigger guard and 1000m rear sight leaf.

Now, just remember to keep 922r in mind also. you can get US made iron wood designs sets which CSS and other forum vendors sell. But they wont be nearly as nice as what you can get from rusmilitary. Thats just my opinion.

you'll also need a bullet guide....I think..I dont have a 5.45. only .223 and x39, used to have a 308. but they're all similar. I know CSS sells them so you might need one. Maybe someone who owns a 5.45 can chime in on that one.

Edited by AZG

I am still learning to navigate this site Lol.. how do i find MarkW1 and where is the WTS section

Oh, and do you think I'm just better off getting the 74 kit set for $197 delivered and refinish the stock to mirror yours

I am still learning to navigate this site Lol.. how do i find MarkW1 and where is the WTS section

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/53145-wts-bulgarian-ak74-parts/page__p__499509__hl__MarkW1__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=499509

Oh, and do you think I'm just better off getting the 74 kit set for $197 delivered and refinish the stock to mirror yours

depends on how much you have/want to spend. Maybe instead of the really nice wood from rusmili, get the still really nice set from Mark. You'll also need a lower HG retainer.

One thing to note. Not sure of your skill set but to get the FSB and GB off and all that requires I guess an intermediate level of handling with these things. You need punchs and a shop press/brass punch and hammer, and a drill/drillpress, drill bits, and a good idea of what you're doing.

If you want bolt on stuff that anyone should be able to do, go with your kit for 197

I wish I would have just gotten a 74 parts kit for a 200 bucks. Everything ended up costing me more than I anticipated.

I ended up spending:

90 bucks for KVAR Furnatur

another 50 on tapco handguard

35 in tapco G2 trigger

30 for muzzle brake

28 for bullet guide

10 for plate retainer

60 bucks for Front Sight Block

Total I ended up spending an additional 303 bucks. I could have just bought a 74 kit and saved some money. And It would be easier than getting all the parts individually.

Good luck!